Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B)

Old November 18th 03, 08:06 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:53:33 -0600, - Barnyard BOb - wrote:

BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

530/40 = 13.25 hr/mo x 12 = 159 hr/year

My apologies, BOb...guess I misinterpreted your previous post.

Not necessarily, but...
very nice of you to put it that way. g

Well, Geeze, BOb, I've *seen* what happens when people tick you off....:-)

Ron "Deflagration Rate" Wanttaja
Old November 18th 03, 12:36 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , - Barnyard BOb -
says...

Average annual flight time since first flight = 42.94 hours

Well done, BOb...if my fingers and toes don't deceive me, you must be
flying about 90-95 hours per year.

How about it? Any other homebuilt owners want to chime in with their
approximate average annual flight time?

Ron W/Fly Baby 40 hours
BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

Ron Wanttaja

This year 38.5 in my CGS Hawk a bit lower than usual but weather was crappy a
lot of the time.

Chuck(chiming in) S

Old November 18th 03, 01:12 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

BOb U/RV-3 95 hours

530/40 = 13.25 hr/mo x 12 = 159 hr/year

My apologies, BOb...guess I misinterpreted your previous post.

Not necessarily, but...
very nice of you to put it that way. g

Well, Geeze, BOb, I've *seen* what happens when people tick you off....:-)

Ron "Deflagration Rate" Wanttaja

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Compliments will get you everywhere. but --

WATCH IT, dear friend....
You're getting close to 'that' edge. )

WARNING:
Your fine gracious style will....
NOT protect mouthy wannabies.

Barnyard BOb -- 159 hr/year
Saving $1280 year burning mogas

The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog...
and George Carlin humor.

Old November 18th 03, 01:58 PM
FF

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
Without knowing the number of flight hours involved,
accurate safety details and analysis are destined
to remain shrouded in much fog, mystery and hype.

Certainly. But of course, we'll probably never have that sort of

data,
unless the EAA does a membership survey. We can't fully rely on the

online
NTSB accident reports, either, because they only mention the engine

type
when engine-related problems were a factor in the accident. Unless

we pay
for and analyze the hard-copy reports, we don't know how many of the

other
2200+ homebuilt accidents since 1990 involved auto-engine

homebuilts.

Download the NTSB database files. There are fields for engine
make/model, airframe hours, and a bunch of other useful stuff.

F--

Old November 18th 03, 03:58 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:58:04 -0500, "FF" wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote
Unless we pay
for and analyze the hard-copy reports, we don't know how many of the
other 2200+ homebuilt accidents since 1990 involved auto-engine
homebuilts.

Download the NTSB database files. There are fields for engine
make/model, airframe hours, and a bunch of other useful stuff.

Cool! Hadn't looked into those, before. Looks like my evenings are shot
for a while.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 18th 03, 03:59 PM
Mark Hickey

"Morgans" wrote:

"Snowbird" wrote

Sydney (but wasn't the walk to the hangar kind of...blue?)

?????????????????????????

It would have been a short, small........
walk. g

Reminds me of a sign over an airport urinal...

"Pilots with short stacks taxi close and hold"

Mark Hickey
Old November 18th 03, 04:22 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:12:24 -0600, - Barnyard BOb -
wrote:

Saving $1280 year burning mogas

that is one thing I value about living in Australia.
I still use 100/130 leaded avgas.
smells so wonderful I'm never fixing that tank leak :-)

Stealth Pilot
Old November 18th 03, 04:38 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

Saving $1280 year burning mogas

that is one thing I value about living in Australia.
I still use 100/130 leaded avgas.
smells so wonderful I'm never fixing that tank leak :-)

Stealth Pilot

++++++++++++++++++

I absolutely love the aroma, too.....
ever since I first smelled it in 1945.

For $1280 tho, I can put up with a lot of stink --
almost as much as I do here,,,,,, for free. g

Barnyard BOb

Old November 18th 03, 04:42 PM
Rich S.

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message

Reminds me of a sign over an airport urinal...

"Pilots with short stacks taxi close and hold"

Or, for those with the proper endorsement in their log, "Pilots with short
pitot tubes and low manifold pressure taxi close and hold".

Rich S.

Old November 18th 03, 09:54 PM
Jay

So did your data lead you to any conclusions?

The one I'm getting is:
Don't fly an airplane with a high stall speed and unreliable power configuration.

Pitts Seat Mod Martin Morgan Aerobatics 0 November 21st 03 04:56 AM
Seat cushion Ernest Christley Home Built 14 August 5th 03 07:16 PM
Seat cushions Big John Home Built 3 July 31st 03 10:59 PM
DK-1 All Metal single seat biplane Michael Home Built 0 July 28th 03 05:16 PM