Day 1 Hobbs. 18M/Open Class nats.

Old June 18th 19, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Day 1 Hobbs. 18M/Open Class nats.

18M/open Nats Hobbs 1st contest day; Same 4 hour TAT both classes Early grid time 11 am Nice day with 6-8 knots up to 15000 ft cloud bases Cu in much of area. Small chance T storms. Posted by Leigh For you fans who don't use FB, CD will put up the task specifics after the launch on the SSA contest site and tracking at ssa.org. For FB users, I'm putting up a snapshot of the task sheet on the SSA FB site.
Old June 18th 19, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Thank you Leigh for update......
We appreciate whatever gets posted as we know it's a volunteer effort.

Yes, I know a number without a FB, etc., presence unless it's an "open post", I am one of those with no FB account.

Nice for a lot of us to get a feel for a contest outside of a "dry score sheet".....;-)
Old June 18th 19, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The day wasn't developing as quickly as hoped, but looked positive as the afternoon progressed. The start time was announced for 2pm, but delayed until 2:10 (Mountain time) while CD spoke with his gurus in the air. The task remained the same, but the radius around Caprock was enlarged from 15 to 20 miles. If all goes well, we should have finishers beginning at 6:10. I posted a pic of the task sheet on the ssa.org contest "gallery" site.

Posted by Leigh
Old June 19th 19, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Day 1 scores: https://www.ssa.org/ContestResults.a...ltsUpdate=True
Old June 19th 19, 07:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Prepared a high res satellite video of DAY1 Hobbs 18meter.

1) GOES-16 0.5km Vis and JW Flight Track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edc7jehtqz...rack.mp4?raw=1

2) Same as 1) with addition of Radar Composite Reflectivity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v4fai2fi0...rack.mp4?raw=1

Not sure I can get to this every day... but I'll try.

Walt WX
Old June 19th 19, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 06:58 19 June 2019, WaltWX wrote:
Prepared a high res satellite video of DAY1 Hobbs 18meter.

1) GOES-16 0.5km Vis and JW Flight Track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edc7jehtqz...s_DAY1_2019061

8_GOES-16_JW_FlightTrack.mp4?raw=1

2) Same as 1) with addition of Radar Composite Reflectivity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v4fai2fi0..._DAY1_20190618

_GOES-16_Radar_JW_FlightTrack.mp4?raw=1

Not sure I can get to this every day... but I'll try.

Walt WX

Thanks, Walt... really good picture of what happened.

RO

Old June 19th 19, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Underhill

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 1:58:44 AM UTC-5, WaltWX wrote:
Prepared a high res satellite video of DAY1 Hobbs 18meter.

1) GOES-16 0.5km Vis and JW Flight Track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edc7jehtqz...rack.mp4?raw=1

2) Same as 1) with addition of Radar Composite Reflectivity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v4fai2fi0...rack.mp4?raw=1

Not sure I can get to this every day... but I'll try.

Walt WX

That's a great video Walt. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

George
Old June 19th 19, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 2:58:44 AM UTC-4, WaltWX wrote:
Prepared a high res satellite video of DAY1 Hobbs 18meter.

1) GOES-16 0.5km Vis and JW Flight Track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edc7jehtqz...rack.mp4?raw=1

2) Same as 1) with addition of Radar Composite Reflectivity

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v4fai2fi0...rack.mp4?raw=1

Not sure I can get to this every day... but I'll try.

Walt WX

Super cool. Thanks Walt!

best,
T8
Old June 19th 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 2:58:44 AM UTC-4, WaltWX wrote:
Prepared a high res satellite video of DAY1 Hobbs 18meter.

Really nice, Thanks Walt!