Blue Angels F-18A Hornet on E-Bay

Old February 9th 04, 02:22 PM
Pechs1

John- Wonder if I could find a nice low time F-8H with a J-57P420? A very
sweet
machine if you avoided boats and short runways. BRBR

Great question to the group. If $ was no object, what A/C that you have
actually flown would you like to own? Just for the fun of flying it again, not
considering spares, parts availability, ease or diffuculty of maintaning,
etc...

I'm guessing a A-4F+ or a F-4N or S for me.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 9th 04, 02:37 PM
nafod40

Pechs1 wrote:
John- Wonder if I could find a nice low time F-8H with a J-57P420? A very
sweet
machine if you avoided boats and short runways. BRBR

Great question to the group. If $ was no object, what A/C that you have
actually flown would you like to own? Just for the fun of flying it again, not
considering spares, parts availability, ease or diffuculty of maintaning,
etc...

I loved the Buckeye for its roominesss, tumblability, and low parts
count...nothing finer than a VFR day spent knocking off an OCF-3
followed by looping around clouds in the Chase MOA. This probably says
more about the lack of interesting planes I flew than anything else. Now
if it had a 1:1 thrust ratio...

But my purest aviation experiences have been in civilian gliders, oddly
enough. Roaring along in ridge lift, spiralling in a thermal, or taking
an elevator in wave have been the most pure flying experiences I've had.
Just me and my glass ship, in a reclining seat surrounded by plexiglas.

Old February 9th 04, 03:38 PM
B.C. MALLAM

The T-28 B had to be one of the best at buzzing around buildups in the
Pensacola area. More fun in that machine than any other, good for chasing AF
100s too.

Old February 10th 04, 05:44 PM
Bill Kambic

"Pechs1" wrote in message

Great question to the group. If $ was no object, what A/C that you have
actually flown would you like to own? Just for the fun of flying it again,

not
considering spares, parts availability, ease or diffuculty of maintaning,
etc...

T28B/C. A fun airplane that, if you respect it, won't "bite." While others
might also be fun (A1H, F7F, F4U) as my eyesight, hearing, and reflexes age
I must accept a level of realism, even in fantasy!g

Since I am being frugal in my choice, I should get a lagniappe. I would
pick a Shinmaywa US-1A Kai (four turboprop amphibian).

See at http://www10.plala.or.jp/strgzr/aircraft/us1/us1_e.html

Has a cruise speed around 300 kts. with decent legs. Fitted out as a flying
yacht I can travel from Artic to Antartic in comfort and style. It this
cool, or what?!?!?!?!?!

Bill Kambic

P.S. An alternative to the Kai would be that carrier that's up for auction.
Put a few T28C's on board and you have the World's Most Exclusive Flying
Club!g

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or
unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist,
culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist,
sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist,
phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of
political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage you
to get over it.

Old February 10th 04, 09:38 PM
John Carrier

Ah Woody, such blissful ignorance!

R / John

Old February 11th 04, 01:24 PM
nafod40

Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal wrote:

If money were no object, it'd be nice to get a fleet of jets for all those
folks in this news group and hold a 1v1 derby. As a follow-on, anybody want
to predict the winner and his choice of platform?

My ride would be a Patriot battery. I'd win, hands down.

Is there a market for scrap carbon fiber composites?

Old February 11th 04, 02:34 PM
Pechs1

Doug- If money were no object, it'd be nice to get a fleet of jets for all
those
folks in this news group and hold a 1v1 derby. As a follow-on, anybody want
to predict the winner and his choice of platform? BRBR

A-4F+..visual, 1 mile abeam start..Guns only. I have been behind more than a
few 'cat 4(+) A/C in my trusty 'Dog'(even Hornuts)..I love it when they decide
to enter MY phonebooth.

Why the 'energy fight' was 'borrowed' from the Isrealis..do they still teach it
when vs. something like a Mig-29?
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 11th 04, 07:33 PM
José Herculano

If money were no object, it'd be nice to get a fleet of jets for all those
folks in this news group and hold a 1v1 derby. As a follow-on, anybody

want
to predict the winner and his choice of platform?

Since I only flew on my dreams, I'll dream you one up, choose an F/A-22 ;-)

Honestly, if I was in the money, I'd buy a T-6A Texan II. Looks fun and
survivable for a newbie.
José Herculano