email attack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 23rd 03, 04:52 AM
Richard Lamb

Default email attack

I am surrounded and they are coming through the wire.
Need immediate tactical air support!

email, that is.

I've been targeted, accurately, and I do believe that
they finally got me.

Something got through my filters a few weeks ago and took
my computer back to the stone age.

Rock = 0, Stick = 1
(Edit that, Bill Gates)

It was indeed a boot sector virus.
That "bnoxious: boot sector warning" saved my butt.
Or YOUR butt, since the thing got caught there before it
could go on an email rampage of it's own.

I got the system back up, clean, but my email address is now known
and the vandals have a real target. Me!

My email inbox on Prodigy is filling up in less than an
hour with Microsoft patch offerings. They all have the boot
sector virus attached.
(Except one message that claims larger penis have more fun)

Prodigy keeps the trash for SEVEN days.

But it's coming in at about 10 meg per hour...
That's the limit of my inbox, anyway.
I suspect any valid email is bouncing back to the senders.
But no way I can really tell.

So.

RIP

Almost - but not quite - ten years old.
February '94 to September 2003.
He was a good man (well, my opinion anyway)

From the ashes will arises...

I hope.