Basic glider racing presentation?

Old October 23rd 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Basic glider racing presentation?

I'm planning to give a couple of talks on 'glider racing' to local groups in Ohio this coming December. One group is at least nominally aviation minded, but the other is a local engineering club. I am planning for a 30-45 minute presentation followed by a Q/A session, and would like to know if others out there have some canned presentations (PowerPoint preferably) that I might be able to use directly or modify/adapt for my audiences.

TIA,

Frank (TA)
Old October 24th 12, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Frank,

I have a power point presentation I use with Rotary, EAA, Kiwanis, etc. Email me if you would like a copy. You are welcome to remove pics of me and my wife and add pictures of yourself. It has depictions of tasks, types of lift, etc. so it is more that a family slide show.

Lane
XF
Old October 24th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:19:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm planning to give a couple of talks on 'glider racing' to local groups in Ohio this coming December. One group is at least nominally aviation minded, but the other is a local engineering club. I am planning for a 30-45 minute presentation followed by a Q/A session, and would like to know if others out there have some canned presentations (PowerPoint preferably) that I might be able to use directly or modify/adapt for my audiences.

TIA,

Frank (TA)

Hi Frank,
Thanks for all you do in supporting soaring. Feel free to use any of my soaring videos if any of the footage could help in your presentation.

www.youtube.com/bviv

Take care,
Bruno - B4
Old October 24th 12, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:19:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm planning to give a couple of talks on 'glider racing' to local groups in Ohio this coming December. One group is at least nominally aviation minded, but the other is a local engineering club. I am planning for a 30-45 minute presentation followed by a Q/A session, and would like to know if others out there have some canned presentations (PowerPoint preferably) that I might be able to use directly or modify/adapt for my audiences.

TIA,

Frank (TA)

I wrote an article titled "Racing Sailplanes" which was published in "Soaring" a couple of years ago. It would read in about 29 minutes. I can send a copy if you are interested.

Bill Snead
6W
Old October 25th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Bill's article in Soaring is in the August, 2007 issue on page 26.
http://www.ssa.org/magazine/archive/...onth=8&page=26

It looks very interesting.

Paul Remde