I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 15th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:48:00 -0700 (PDT), skym
wrote in
:

BtB is a loser who needs to get a life.

Actually, it seems to be a shell-persona of multiple rogue anarchists,
who revel in evil and destruction, to don similar to a bandit's mask.

That's it, shout terrorist.

But Usenet is a fire hose of ideas from which one may selectively sip.
Some see it as a virtual tavern, others as a worldwide egalitarian
forum like mankind has never before witnessed. It's creators
envisioned an open vehicle for rapid news dispersal nobly rooted in
self governance. It is all those things, and more. Ultimately,
Usenet is what we make it.

Netkkkop.

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.cascade,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Daedalus

Default Cascade: Maxie so dumm he.....

On Thu, 15 May 2008 05:42:07 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:uaHWj.17763$CE1.5989
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

You haven't been here long enough. Many times Mx or Le Chaud
Lapin will ask a question, get the right answer in a polite manner,
and then argue endlessly against that answer, belittling the

teacher.

I have been here forever, and I have NEVER seen MX belittle anyone.

Not once.

I've seen him try, but of course, those went over your pointy head.

Now, either that's because I don't read every, single thread MX
responds to, or it's because my definition of "belittling" differs
from yours -- but I have only seen polite responses from him in the
face of some VERY demeaning attacks.

In this regard, he certainly doesn't fit the M.O. of most trolls.

You wouldn't know wat a troll was if it bit you in the nuts.

Bertie

Yeah, like you could, wanna boi.

Like I would. fjukktard.

Yew so dumm you don't know if you got nuts or bolts anyway.

Yew so dumm you read "Drive thru" and kept on going.

Jade

Bertie

Old May 15th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On May 14, 9:15*pm, "Jay Honeck" Yep, MX was out of line with his
facts -- but in the face of a personal
attack like that ("you butthead"?), you've got to be fairly impressed with
his calm response. * Some of the so-called pilots here would have
immediately defaulted to cuss words and insults.

MX is a lot of things -- impolite isn't one of them.

Im gonna beg to differ with this one. A year ago or so I answered one
of his posts , which I ussually dont do, that had something to do with
airliners and balanced field length. He wrote back that I was wrong
and some theory that since pilots fly airliners into terain their
answers cannot be trusted. And I was polite to the guy ! (You are the
only one I call names on this list )
Frank
Old May 15th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shirl

Jay Honeck:
MX is a lot of things -- impolite isn't one of them.

F. Baum:
Im gonna beg to differ with this one. A year ago or so I answered one
of his posts , which I ussually dont do, that had something to do with
airliners and balanced field length. He wrote back that I was wrong
and some theory that since pilots fly airliners into terain their
answers cannot be trusted. And I was polite to the guy ! (You are the
only one I call names on this list )

Frank, I agree w/you. It's a different version of impolite.

It's the inexperienced-yet-authoritative, condescending arguments and
tone with people who have actual experience and knowledge. It's the
practice of baiting with what appear to be innocent, genuine questions
only to courteously tell others who respond that they're full of sh*t.
It's not the more typical in-your-face name-calling; it's the
condescending blanket generalizations about people with *actual
experience* not having a clue while HE has a clear, accurate
understanding.

That's not as blatant or easily recognizable as "impolite" as calling
someone a "butthead", but it is impolite just the same, albeit more
cleverly so.
Old May 15th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

But Usenet is a fire hose of ideas from which one may selectively sip.
Some see it as a virtual tavern, others as a worldwide egalitarian
forum like mankind has never before witnessed. It's creators
envisioned an open vehicle for rapid news dispersal nobly rooted in
self governance. It is all those things, and more. Ultimately,
Usenet is what we make it.

Glorious, ain't it? Even in its current state, this forum is...fun.

As I've said before, this, too, shall pass.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old May 15th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Im gonna beg to differ with this one. A year ago or so I answered one
of his posts , which I ussually dont do, that had something to do with
airliners and balanced field length. He wrote back that I was wrong
and some theory that since pilots fly airliners into terain their
answers cannot be trusted. And I was polite to the guy ! (You are the
only one I call names on this list )
Frank

"Frank, you ignorant slut. The only abortion I would have approved of
would've been on your mother, when she was pregnant with you..."

(My apologies to Saturday Night Live, circa 1975, Dan Akroyd vs. Jane
Curtin)

:-)

Anywho, I'm not saying MX is right, nor am I saying he's not necessarily a
troll, in the classic sense of the word. I *am* saying he's primarily
on-topic, occasionally asks really good questions, and is never overtly
rude.

In this forum, nowadays, that's as good as it gets.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 15th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:qjXWj.110866$TT4.1642
@attbi_s22:

But Usenet is a fire hose of ideas from which one may selectively sip.
Some see it as a virtual tavern, others as a worldwide egalitarian
forum like mankind has never before witnessed. It's creators
envisioned an open vehicle for rapid news dispersal nobly rooted in
self governance. It is all those things, and more. Ultimately,
Usenet is what we make it.

Glorious, ain't it? Even in its current state, this forum is...fun.

As I've said before, this, too, shall pass.

Why, you going somewhere?

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

[...]

You're a stupid fjukkwad.

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote:

RESIST THE URGE TO PARTICIPATE in ANY thread that has his participation.

Oh, fer chrissakes, Jim: I didn't even *know* who started the thread.

Relax, will ya?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old May 15th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

That's not as blatant or easily recognizable as "impolite" as calling
someone a "butthead", but it is impolite just the same, albeit more
cleverly so.

Agree 100%. But in that regard, this sort of subtle "impoliteness" is de
rigueur amongst the population in general nowadays. At least its clever,
which is more than you can say about the other trolls here.

Ignorance is not necessarily abated by becoming a certificated pilot.
(Witness the number of pilots who responded negatively to my flying to
Florida VFR using on-board XM weather.) At least MX's ignorance often leads
to good topics.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM