Again!

Old August 17th 18, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Again!

Not all of us voted for this idiot.
Would be nice if he visited the fires instead, it would have not resulted in additional TFRs.

Ramy
Old August 17th 18, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Right on, R!
Old August 17th 18, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Right on, R! (Retting not Ramy)
Old August 17th 18, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Hey Rowland...keep your political spew off ras... unless you want a fight. Now go kiss your queen.
Old August 17th 18, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 6:24:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Thank you, Charlie, for adding a little chuckle to this bitching thread.

My gripe is about all the TFRs out west due to wild fires.Â* The
visibility absolutely sucks, only about 40 miles.Â* How can any body fly
through such muck? :-D

But ooooooh, the lift!

Jim Beckman
Old August 17th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

You're right about the lift!Â* One gloomy winter's day back in the 80s
when I was new to gliding and was the only glider up, I climbed over a
burning trash dump.Â* The lift was there, but the smell was, too.

Two weeks ago, enroute from Tucson to Montrose, CO in my Stemme, I was
offered an IFR climb to clear a fire TFR.Â* I'm current on instruments
and the Stemme has a Dynon D10a, but the ship is not IFR certified so I
declined and went around.

--
Dan, 5J
Old August 17th 18, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Glad you liked the chuckle, it was my point.

Our field is not directly affected by these TFR's, I am sympathizing with others that are affected.
We are affected when doing the govenerors cup which is informal with eastern PA and some SE NY sites. The south end is in/near the TFR.
We have dealt with the wedding cake not too far south of us (legally, I can't fly over my house) that covers the "big 3" NY metro airports. This has been so for many decades.
Other than FAA or state aviation intervention, how about we keep who voted for whom somewhere else?
You not in the US, go gripe somewhere else. You get a byproduct, we have to deal with it.

I think the SS could implement a better idea (like the "R" near MASA at camp David) instead of a blanket.

Hmmmmm.....SS.....do they wear black?
Old August 17th 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Charlie

Hey at least you now know one weekend that won't be TFR'ed...

Trump just tweeted he will spend Veteran's Day in France!
Old August 17th 18, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 2:20:45 PM UTC-4, Whiskey Charlie wrote:
Hey at least you now know one weekend that won't be TFR'ed...

Trump just tweeted he will spend Veteran's Day in France!

Last year Trump's Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida reopened
on Halloween. After that, he shuns New Jersey and vacations
in Florida. So we have potentially two more months of weekend
groundings this year. So much winning!

I just checked in with the two glider clubs at VanSant Airport
in eastern PA. Nothing much happening there, certainly not on
the weekends. I suspect that the viable options are to either
move to a field farther west, or just sell the gliders and throw
in the towel. I remember (back in the day) when VanSant was a
very active glider port, with two tow planes running steadily
on nice weekends, and occasionally bringing out a third tug.
Part of the problem there came from neighbors objecting to the
noise, even though the field had been there just about forever.
At one point it was going to be sold and split up into big lots
for McMansions, but the county (I think) wised up and preserved
the land as an airport. It's still a lovely all-grass country
airport with biplanes, homebuilts, and gliders. Nothing lasts,
I suppose. Now the FBO there is really struggling to keep their
heads above water. Doesn't really look good.

Jim Beckman