They call it the impossible turn.

Old February 16th 10, 09:49 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default They call it the impossible turn.

Crash Lander writes:

Can you back that up with facts and figures? I suggest you claim this
purely because it's the fatals that you hear about every time. You
don't always hear about the ones that aren't fatal.

I prefer to err on the side of caution.
Old February 16th 10, 10:37 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Smith

I'm not convinced it's a case of being too poorly trained to make the
180 safely. I'd suggest that the best trained pilots would have a good
chance of dying if they attempted a 180 after a power failure on take
off.
I'm more inclined to believe that it's a case of the a/c not being
capable of making it back, no matter what the pilot's skill level.
Having said that, a well trained pilot would not attempt the 180 in the
first place, but that's not what you were suggesting.

Of course, the judgement when a 180 is possible and when not is a
crucial point in that training. Actually, this is what glider pilots
train all the time.
Old February 16th 10, 11:43 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Feb 16, 7:49*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Crash Lander writes:
Can you back that up with facts and figures? I suggest you claim this
purely because it's the fatals that you hear about every time. You
don't always hear about the ones that aren't fatal.

I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Thats very wise and good airmanship Anthony. As much as you annoy
the hell out of us, we dont want to see you in the news, having
crashed your PC into a Paris apartment block in a flaming fireball,
ala Concorde.

Old February 16th 10, 09:33 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Feb 11, 9:05*am, Robert Moore wrote:
Ricky wrote

You are so wrong.
You do not fly, have never had any flight training, and anything that
comes from you should not be taken seriously.

NO Ricky....YOU are so wrong...

I am very aware of the ground instructor reqirements, so, that was
actually not a shock as you presumed.
Perhaps you are not familiar with Mxsmanic, one who often pushes his
off-kilter knowlege of aviation on rrc in a manner as one who should
be taken seriously. His only experience is behind a pc-based
simulator, and when told he is wrong he plants his feet in the ground,
goes off topic, or simply will not respond to wisdom or correction.
Actually, he is sometimes correct due to the ability to Google just
about anything. My point is that a pilot, or prospective pilot, should
not take what he says with any amount of seriousness.

Ricky
Old February 17th 10, 03:10 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Feb 16, 2:49*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

I prefer to err on the side of caution.

You have no need to "err"...ever. You fly a computer. You have no need
for "caution" as if you knew what that is anyway, which you never will
because you will not get off your office chair & get into a real
airplane.

Ricky