Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Old December 18th 03, 02:40 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

t he can't
really be a pilot. I mean a true pilot,

Ah, now you are defining pilot!

Here's what the Boston Globe, which first broke the charges that Bush
was AWOL during the last year or so of his Air Guard tour, concluded
in an editorial:

Those who trained and flew with Bush, until he gave up flying in April
1972, said he was among the best pilots in the 111th
Fighter-Interceptor Squadron. In the 22-month period between the end
of his flight training and his move to Alabama, Bush logged numerous
hours of duty, well above the minimum requirements for so-called
''weekend warriors.''

Indeed, in the first four years of his six-year commitment, Bush spent
the equivalent of 21 months on active duty, including 18 months in
flight school. His Democratic opponent, Vice President Al Gore, who
enlisted in the Army for two years and spent five months in Vietnam,
logged only about a month more active service, since he won an early
release from service.

I conclude that Bush was a pilot and a military man, and that you
aren't much of either.

Plonk!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

Awwwwww, Dan!!! Now you've gone an destroyed his delusion.

Old December 18th 03, 02:45 PM
Tom Sixkiller

That year I got about $1.40 for each pound sterling.

This year I am getting $1.70 for each pound.

21% not bad. Attaboy Bushie, continue making my day.

And you used to get $5, just a generation or so ago.

Thing is, the one to thank for your more recent (temporary) fortune is Alan
Greenspan.

(If you insist on shooting your mouth of, it's best to have a clue ehat
you're talking about.)

Old December 18th 03, 02:49 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Clinton seemed to be more of a multi-leveled thinker in those situations.

Yes, Clinton and Nixon were without doubt our most intelligent
presidents at least since Woodrow Wilson.

You might want to read THE ILLUSION OF VICTORY: America in World War I, by
Thomas Fleming to dispel yourself of that myth about Wilson.

Old December 18th 03, 04:39 PM
R. Hubbell

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:06:18 -0500 Cub Driver
wrote:

t he can't
really be a pilot. I mean a true pilot,

Ah, now you are defining pilot!

My original assertion stands. No "real" pilot would put himself above so many
fellow pilots on the most single important day in their history since First
Flight. He would have flown to an alternate and drove in allowing GA to fly.

Here's what the Boston Globe, which first broke the charges that Bush
was AWOL during the last year or so of his Air Guard tour, concluded
in an editorial:

Those who trained and flew with Bush, until he gave up flying in April

One hand washes the other, eh?

"....
But Bush was serving in a champagne unit that was refuge for the area sons of
privilege. Its ranks included John Conally's son, Lloyd Bentson's son, John
Tower's son, SEVEN Dallas Cowboys, and two sons of the businessman who got G W
Bush into the Guard ahead of hundreds of others on a waiting list."

1972, said he was among the best pilots in the 111th
Fighter-Interceptor Squadron. In the 22-month period between the end
of his flight training and his move to Alabama, Bush logged numerous
hours of duty, well above the minimum requirements for so-called
''weekend warriors.''

Indeed, in the first four years of his six-year commitment, Bush spent
the equivalent of 21 months on active duty, including 18 months in
flight school. His Democratic opponent, Vice President Al Gore, who
enlisted in the Army for two years and spent five months in Vietnam,
logged only about a month more active service, since he won an early
release from service.

I conclude that Bush was a pilot and a military man, and that you
aren't much of either.

Most people consider someone that goes AWOL to be a coward.

Plonk!

Name calling and plonking. So you're out of gas, so to speak. I'll
bet you plonk all those that offer opposing views. Nice and tidy, eh?

R. Hubbell

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Old December 18th 03, 04:50 PM
R. Hubbell

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:40:46 -0700 "Tom Sixkiller" wrote:

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

[...]

You mean Bush's? I don't think he has. But maybe I have done that to
yours and OP? You have my apologies in that case.

R. Hubbell

Old December 18th 03, 04:53 PM
R. Hubbell

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:50:12 -0600 "Matthew P. Cummings" wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:00:24 -0800, R. Hubbell wrote:

You've snipped it out. I don't have the time to search for it. If I remember
the context, it was a silly thing to expect from the AOPA. Enough said.

Do you think it was silly of AOPA to develop the airport security program?
Doesn't matter, they did. Now when something isn't working in it and
it's brought to their attention they ignore it.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that when their program failed they are
not interested in why so that they can improve it before the govt.
improves it. Maybe you want the govt. to improve the plan then? That's
what's going to happen if AOPA keeps ignoring it.

I don't care if you are lazy, you should read a posting before replying to
it, or are you just trying ignorant?

I did read the posting, in a perfect world all the things we think should
happen, would happen. Keep supporting the AOPA, don't get too discouraged
if you feel they have failed you in some way. I don't think they have.

(notice I included your posting)

R. Hubbell
Old December 18th 03, 05:04 PM
Gig Giacona

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:04:22 -0800, R. Hubbell wrote:

I got news for you. AOPA is not in charge of enforcing the laws. If the
police let the guy go, take it up with the police.

Read what I posted. I did not say they didn't enforce the law, I said
they should have taken the information down so that they could use it in
the future, i.e. when a new stupid law is proposed they can guide it's
direction by virtue of having proof of what doesn't work.

Must you be contrary with everybody, can't you just read something as it's
posted?

For you I'll say it again, AOPA SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE INFORMATION GIVEN
FOR THE RECORD, IN THE FUTURE THEY CAN THEN USE IT TO GUIDE THE CREATION
OF SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

They refused to listen.

Why do you want AOPA to take notes for you. It wouldn't be used in court it
was all hearsay.

Old December 18th 03, 05:19 PM
Rob Perkins

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:14:49 -0800, "R. Hubbell"
wrote:

But for Dubya the numbers of hours is salient and interesting because

....because you wish to criticize his military service, possibly in the
name of providing information to support a theory that he wasn't
"really" a military pilot, but traded on it anyway to get office.

I'll
bet he has very few hours but just enough to say he was a military pilot.
But how many as PIC? Maybe his hours were in a TF-102.

So? What, fighter jets with guns are the only airplanes that make a
pilot a military pilot?

Face it: He was a military pilot. Anyone to flies a military trainer
solo is a military pilot. And the conceit offends all of the *good*
pilots in the Materiel Command. You wish to say those people are also
not "real pilots"?

Good gravy. Bush has more hours total in a faster and more complex
airplane than me, and they call *me* a pilot. He had scads more time
in military service than I ever did, and the Air Force gave *me* an
honorable discharge, and called me "military" the whole time I was
enlisted.

Beyond a very thin veneer of partisan political bickering, your case
just doesn't stand up.

Rob
Old December 18th 03, 05:22 PM
David Brooks

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
Here's what the Boston Globe, which first broke the charges that Bush
was AWOL during the last year or so of his Air Guard tour, concluded
in an editorial:
Indeed, in the first four years of his six-year commitment, Bush spent
the equivalent of 21 months on active duty, including 18 months in
flight school. His Democratic opponent, Vice President Al Gore, who
enlisted in the Army for two years and spent five months in Vietnam,
logged only about a month more active service, since he won an early
release from service.

Why was the word "only" inserted in that sentence? "Al Gore, who
enlisted...logged about a month more active service..." sounds a lot better.

I'd have expected more bias from the Globe :-)

-- David Brooks

Old December 18th 03, 07:19 PM
Cub Driver

SCOTUS has not ruled on the 2nd since the Miller case over 70 years ago. At the
time, they ruled that a sawed off shotgun was not protected by the 2nd
amendment *because it was not a militarily useful weapon.*

SCOTUS?

Spencer v. Kemna, 523 U.S. 1,36 (1998)

Muscarello v. United States,524 U.S. 125, 124-125 (1998).

Printz v. United States, 521 U.S.___, ___, 117 S.Ct. 2365 (1997).

Albright v. Oliver, 510 U.S. 266, 307 (1994)

.... to name just a few!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at