About Stall Psychology and Pilots

Old February 17th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default About Stall Psychology and Pilots

On Feb 17, 9:44 am, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Well, that's true. Are we supposed to put AoA meters
on all control surfaces, such as Elevators, Ailerons,
Rudder, Flaps or just the main wing?
Dud, have you ever heard of a *stall warning audio
annunciator*?
In sims I've installed an AoA meter, it's basically
an aerodynamic curiousity.

In a sim it's not aerodynamic. It's an electronic illusion.
And it won't mean much to the simmer who has little understanding of
AOA, never mind boundary layer control, stagnation points, stalls,
accelerated stalls, stall progression, leading edge radii, and the
like. BTW, "curiousity" is spelled "curiosity." And the "main wing" is
known among real pilots simply as the "wing."
We don't need AOA indicators on control surfaces. All control
surface travels have well-defined legal limits as per the TCDS for any
airplane, and those travels are there to prevent their stalling. Those
things are, after all, just part of the larger surface to which
they're attached such as the wing, fin (or vertical stab), or
(horizontal) stabilizer. It's important to prevent any of those from
stalling, and limiting control surface travel is the way to do it.
You just discredit yourself immensely when you take a dig at a
guy like Dudley. Or at just about anyone else here, for that matter.

OK, back to aerodynamics.

Back to simming, you mean.

Dan

Old February 17th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Ken ****head Tucker" wrote in
:

On Feb 16, 5:30 pm, Benjamin Dover wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote
:

Just for the record, and on the off chance that there might just be
one person on Usenet who needs to be informed of this, please be
advised that regardless of what this idiot says and when he uses my
name in his posts; I am in NO way even remotely involved with this
character in any way whatsoever.

Well, that's true. Are we supposed to put AoA meters
on all control surfaces, such as Elevators, Ailerons,
Rudder, Flaps or just the main wing?
Dud, have you ever heard of a *stall warning audio
annunciator*?
In sims I've installed an AoA meter, it's basically
an aerodynamic curiousity.

It should be obvious that Ken always puts the "S" between
"Ken" and
"Tucker" to emphasize to everyone that he is a total ****HEAD!

Well Mr. BenDover snicker, you seem to have
a curiousity about what's in other peoples asses,
so you're a queer, not that there's anything wrong
with that, but most people wouldn't want to spend
too much time in a cockpit with you, except Bertie,
butt that's a given.

OK, back to aerodynamics.
Ken

Back to aerodynamics? You consistently demonstrate in this newsgroup
that you don't know **** from Shineola when it comes to aerodynamics.

Old February 17th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Feb 17, 12:39 pm, wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:44 am, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Well, that's true. Are we supposed to put AoA meters
on all control surfaces, such as Elevators, Ailerons,
Rudder, Flaps or just the main wing?
Dud, have you ever heard of a *stall warning audio
annunciator*?
In sims I've installed an AoA meter, it's basically
an aerodynamic curiousity.

In a sim it's not aerodynamic. It's an electronic illusion.
And it won't mean much to the simmer who has little understanding of
AOA, never mind boundary layer control, stagnation points, stalls,
accelerated stalls, stall progression, leading edge radii, and the
like. BTW, "curiousity" is spelled "curiosity." And the "main wing" is
known among real pilots simply as the "wing."

" We don't need AOA indicators on control surfaces. "

Well Dan, try telling that to the "dud".
He's the genoius who want's them deployed
all over you body, sounds like a govmonker
trying to tell REAL pilots how to fly.
Like I said, most of the posters in this group
have never flown, I can tell, "dud", "bertie"
and a few others are total fakes.

All control
surface travels have well-defined legal limits as per the TCDS for any
airplane, and those travels are there to prevent their stalling. Those
things are, after all, just part of the larger surface to which
they're attached such as the wing, fin (or vertical stab), or
(horizontal) stabilizer. It's important to prevent any of those from
stalling, and limiting control surface travel is the way to do it.
You just discredit yourself immensely when you take a dig at a
guy like Dudley. Or at just about anyone else here, for that matter.

OK, back to aerodynamics.

Back to simming, you mean.

Nothing wrong with siming a low altidude recovery,
dude. It's cheaper to crash and burn in a sim than
to ****-up reallllllllly.

Dan

Regards
Two weeks to fly day....Yahooo
Ken
Old February 17th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:fdb73a60-ea0c-
:

On Feb 17, 12:39 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, it's obvious isn't it?

Nothing wrong with siming a low altidude recovery,
dude. It's cheaper to crash and burn in a sim than
to ****-up reallllllllly.

Go to it trailer trash!

Bertie
Old February 17th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Ken ****head Tucker" wrote in news:fdb73a60-ea0c-
:

[Mindless drivel snipped]

You and MXSmoron would make a perfect cockpit crew. Would probably
set the Guiness record for fastest **** up while attempting flight.

Old February 17th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Feb 17, 1:09 pm, Benjamin Dover wrote:
"Ken ****head Tucker" wrote in news:fdb73a60-ea0c-
:

[Mindless drivel snipped]

You and MXSmoron would make a perfect cockpit crew. Would probably
set the Guiness record for fastest **** up while attempting flight.

Look you ****ING QUEER, "BenDover"
I don't like you're type of people.
So ****-OFF
Ken
Old February 17th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Ken ****head Tucker" wrote in
:

:

[Mindless drivel snipped]

You and MXSmoron would make a perfect cockpit crew. Would
probably
set the Guiness record for fastest **** up while attempting flight.

Look you ****ING QUEER, "BenDover"
I don't like you're type of people.
So ****-OFF
Ken

Does your mommy know what you are doing on your computer?

Does she know that you use your computer to jerk off? Or do you get
together with MXSmoron and jerk each other off?

You still don't know **** about aerodynamics.

Old February 17th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

:

A picture of Ken ****head Tucker studying aerodynamics can be found at
http://tinyurl.com/ydkmck

Old February 17th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message ...
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Xactly right IMO. All you need is a wing to fly, after all.

Bertie

As you already know and I can confirm emphatically , as soon as you
start flying high performance jets, it's all about wing management.

--
Dudley Henriques

I received this book years ago, and it is one of the best books I have seen
about flying the wing, and now I see it is all updated and 'fresh'; may have
to get it again:
http://www.joepilot.com/itemdesc.asp...Y-WING&eq=&Tp=
Fly the Wing, by Jim Webb
http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Wing-Jim-W...87827&sr= 1-1

Old February 18th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Blueskies" wrote in
. net:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Xactly right IMO. All you need is a wing to fly, after all.

Bertie

As you already know and I can confirm emphatically , as soon as you
start flying high performance jets, it's all about wing management.

--
Dudley Henriques

I received this book years ago, and it is one of the best books I have
seen about flying the wing, and now I see it is all updated and
'fresh'; may have to get it again:
http://www.joepilot.com/itemdesc.asp...Y-WING&eq=&Tp=
Fly the Wing, by Jim Webb
http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Wing-Jim-W...=pd_bbs_sr_1?i
e=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203287827&sr=1-1

I can recommend this one as well.

Bertie

Stall Recovery Danny Deger Piloting 12 January 30th 07 01:01 AM
stall strips ??? Tri-Pacer Owning 6 December 8th 06 06:18 PM
Bad place to stall Stubby Piloting 23 June 21st 05 04:10 PM
Wing Stall PaulaJay1 Owning 18 December 11th 03 07:46 PM
Stall resistant 172? Roger Long Piloting 19 October 18th 03 11:48 PM