H-stab rigging angle for the ASW27

Old December 24th 05, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default H-stab rigging angle for the ASW27

Could some one look up and give me the incident angle between
the wing and H-stab in there
Maintenance and Repair Manual of the ASW27
under Control Deflections and Rigging Angles
Thanks in advance
Udo
Old December 24th 05, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Udo,
I believe this is what you are looking for.
From the manual:

Wing Incidence
+ 1.35 degrees to horizontal tailplane
-2.35 degrees to fuselage tail boom axis

Horizontal Tailplane incidence
-1.35 degrees to wing chord
-3.7 degrees to fuselage tail boom axis

The tailboom axis is level when a wedge 1000 in 54 =3.1 degrees is put
level on the rear part of the fuselage tailcone.

Chip Fitzpatrick

Old December 24th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Udo ! Whatcha building ? Another Frankenglyder ?
A mystery open class machine to challenge Concordia and Eta ?
Enquiring minds want to know !
Happy Holidays, Dave

Old December 24th 05, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote in message
oups.com...
Udo ! Whatcha building ? Another Frankenglyder ?
A mystery open class machine to challenge Concordia and Eta ?
Enquiring minds want to know !
Happy Holidays, Dave

Here is a photo diary of the wing construction portion of the project. He
is using HP-18 spar caps and the airfoil he designed.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Co...g_Building.htm

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old December 26th 05, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Udo ! Whatcha building ? Another Frankenglyder ?
A mystery open class machine to challenge Concordia and Eta ?
Enquiring minds want to know !
Happy Holidays, Dave

Dave,
happy returns as well,
Yes I am working on other project. It will have air of Herr Frankenstein
about it, I just hope it (the creation) does not kill.
I am trying to keep my challenges affordable. Challenging the factory toys
of my gilding acquaintance will be just fine.
The airfoil is 13% thick from the tip to 1/4 span and transitions from
there to the root to 15%. Average thickness ratio is about 13.75%,
root is 33" tip 14"Aspect ratio is about 24, wing area about 103 ft/sq,
all very conventional.

Udo
Old December 26th 05, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for the update Udo.
Are you using an 18T fuselage ?
We'll look forward to seeing it soon !
Will you bring it to Mifflin in the spring ?
Perhaps I'll bring the whale and leave the factory-built toys home.
Best Regards, Dave

Old December 26th 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave,

When you say "whale" are you referring to your RHJ-8? If so, I would like
to have some pictures for the Schreder web site
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/RHJ/RHJ_Links.html) the next time you
take it out of the "box".

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

oups.com...

Old December 27th 05, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dave,
Yes I will be using a modified HP18 fuselage.
I may fly the new wings at first with the V tail.
Mifflin maybe in the spring of 2007
I will see you most likely next spring but it will
be with the 24.