looking for "The Boy Who Flew With Condors"

Old March 30th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default looking for "The Boy Who Flew With Condors"

At the most recent Disney stockholder meeting, someone asked the CEO whether
certain old movies would be shown on cable channels sometime. He replied
that the best way to distribute titles of limited interest is via DVD rather
than using valuable air time (er... cable time). So at least there's
interest, and acknowledgment that some people have an attachment to some of
the golden oldies. I don't know what the threshold would be to press a DVD.
I'll try some of my (rather limited) connections to see whether it would be
possible to do a special release or whether they plan to release sets of old
"Wonderful World of Disney" TV-movies.

(I tried unsuccessfully to get a sponsorship or promotional tie-in between
the SSA and the attraction "Soarin' over California" at Disney's California
Adventure.)

wrote in message
ups.com...

Roger Worden wrote:
I saw a note some time back that when it was shown at SSA (I don't think

it
was Ontario 2005), it was by special arrangement with Disney. I've

looked
for it online without success. I work for Disney, and some months ago I
asked around but I could not find any evidence that it was ever

available on
VHS or DVD. I saw it when I was a kid and I'd love to see it again!

Under the heading of madcap schemes, we could try to produce our own
DVDs, under properly legal licence from Disney. The thing is, Disney
does not do things small. They are mass-market oriented, so we would
have to agree to produce quite a large run before they would be
interested. The question is, how large? 1000 units? 10,000?

Johan Larson

Old March 30th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I looked at http://amazon.com and didn't find anything. I then looked
at http://ebay.com and didn't find anything either now or in the last
few months.

When I am looking for something obscure (like my copy of "Goofy
Glider"), I run a search in Ebay and then click on "save this search to
my favorites". It will allow you to be told via email if the item
comes up for sale in the future. Nice feature. I have several such
future searches going on right now for various hard-to-find things that
I am looking for.

Good luck.