Why are multiple engines different?

Old October 22nd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Roger (K8RI)

Default Why are multiple engines different?

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:07:58 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
Good GAWD...I show 275 posts (and that starts with a RE for what
should have taken a single paragraph, or two with expansion on the
reason.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I know. he (that needs not be mentioned by name) is a plague descending
upon us.

I wonder how many worthwhile members have left us, now. I don't see many
of the regulars around here, lately.
--
Jim in NC

In my opinion this character is perhaps one of the best if not THE best I've
ever encountered on Usenet. He or she or whatever it is has redefined the

Absolutely!

definition of trolling as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely all the
parameters have been met and in most cases exceeded; the gauntlet has been
picked up by some; totally ignored by others; gambits have been accepted and
carried to extreme ends by those engaging; the group has been effectively
split from within; an absolute must to define the success of the effort.
I'm actually quite satisfied with my early decision made when he/she engaged
me on another forum not engage this person. Its been interesting watching
him/her work this and other groups at the same time. In fact, its been one
of the best experiences I've encountered since entering Usenet many years
ago.

I find that I still feel compelled to respond to some posts rather
than the poster to prevent some misconceptions from spreading. :-))
Like Roger More's films, they contain just enough truth at times to
make the rest sound believable.

I love to watch someone work who really knows what they are doing, and this
character has been fun to watch.

I believe now that some in the groups are finally catching on to what's been
happening and joining those of us who have chosen simply to ignore the whole
thing. Those arguing among themselves about him/her/it/whatever, have in my
opinion simply been fodder for the cannon.
:-))
VERY interesting........and it has been VERY entertaining!!!!
:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Dudley Henriques

I haven't seen you on the "other group" lately although there's not
much going on. Lots of posts on the new app, but not a lot else.

Old October 22nd 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message

I haven't seen you on the "other group" lately although there's not
much going on. Lots of posts on the new app, but not a lot else.

Hi Rog;

I'm back posting again there now that the Beta process is over.
Actually, I've just become an MVP for Microsoft on Flight Simulator and will
be working even more closely with both them and the add on developers
working with the program.
Dudley

Old October 22nd 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote

I find that I still feel compelled to respond to some posts rather
than the poster to prevent some misconceptions from spreading. :-))
Like Roger More's films, they contain just enough truth at times to
make the rest sound believable.

How about we all put a boilerplate statement in our signature files, and just
tack that on every time a need to respond to false, misleading, (or whatever)
questions and statements?

Something like;

Boilerplate response to follow:
Do not believe the questions or statements posted by Mxsmanic necessarily have
any relevance or truth to "real" aviation. They are posted from a simulation
_game_ player, and are posed mainly for trolling purposes.
That way, you get to respond, people are alerted to the danger of believing in
anything he posts, and he does not get the satisfaction of a continuing
argument. Win, win, win.

Does that work for you? If you like the idea, but not my quickly composed
response, feel free to change it or write your own, and I might use yours, too.
Jim in NC

Old October 21st 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RK Henry

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:01:10 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
.. .
Good GAWD...I show 275 posts (and that starts with a RE for what
should have taken a single paragraph, or two with expansion on the
reason.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I know. he (that needs not be mentioned by name) is a plague descending upon
us.

You mean...Voldemort?

RK Henry
Old October 22nd 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

I know. he (that needs not be mentioned by name) is a plague descending upon
us.

You mean...Voldemort?

Bzzzzzzt.

Two more tries! g
--
Jim in NC

Old October 22nd 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:08:23 GMT, RK Henry
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:01:10 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
. ..
Good GAWD...I show 275 posts (and that starts with a RE for what
should have taken a single paragraph, or two with expansion on the
reason.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I know. he (that needs not be mentioned by name) is a plague descending upon
us.

You mean...Voldemort?

That's Lord Voldermort!:-)) which is different than he that shall not
be named which is different than needs not be mentioned by name:-)).

Speaking of him and as long as we are so far OT any way...we had a
local get fired up, holding meetings trying to get that series of
books banned in the schools and libraries. She started out with
public meetings, but after the first one the rest were canceled and
only meetings with school teachers, officials and librarians were
conducted. I don't think the acceptance was any higher:-))

RK Henry

Old October 22nd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote

Speaking of him and as long as we are so far OT any way...we had a
local get fired up, holding meetings trying to get that series of
books banned in the schools and libraries. She started out with
public meetings, but after the first one the rest were canceled and
only meetings with school teachers, officials and librarians were
conducted. I don't think the acceptance was any higher:-))

I have seen that happen, and occasionally succeed in getting books banned. Some
of the silliest reasons, for some of the most accepted books!
--
Jim in NC