Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Old December 13th 19, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Garret Willat

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Hi my name is Garret Willat, I have taken over as the US rep from M&H Soaring. Monty and Heinz have been a tremendous help to make this transition for the owners as smooth and quick as possible. I went to Germany in October to meet with everyone and build a relationship with all of my contacts at the factory. Oh yeah and to fly the sailplanes.

The announcement did not quite go as planned. However if you are on social media, Facebook or Instagram you can check out the new US representative for Schempp-Hirth GmbH. @yankeecomposites
Or visit the website www.yankeecomposites.com

Here is the note that Schempp-Hirth had shared on their Facebook.

Official announcement: Welcome to Yankee Composites!

Schempp-Hirth team would like to extend our deep felt thanks to Karin, Janell, Heinz and Monty of M&H Soaring USA for their genuine, big hearted friendship during the past 15 years of represented Schempp-Hirth as the US dealer.
It was an adventure we treasure, and a friendship that will continue.

The M&H team decided it was time to take a step back from the full throttle management of the US dealership - but no worries US pilots; we got you covered!

First; M&H Soaring and repair station will continue to assist when needed. Rest assure, we cherish the East Coast special relationship you have with Schempp-Hirth and you’ll still have the M&H team to bounce things off to!

Second; as of December 2019, the Schempp-Hirth US dealership is transferred to Garret Willat and his repair shop Yankee Composites, located in the well-known heart of Sky Sailing, CA.

So - drumroll - as of now, Garret Willat is taking over all discussions and questions about Schempp-Hirth sailplanes, spare parts and repairs, in close coordination & support of the M&H team and overall support of Schempp-Hirth, Germany.

We believe you all know Garret Willat in USA, notably for his competitions results, his involvement in SSA, and former writer for the Wings&Wheels newsletter full of tips to make sailplanes pilot a better life. He eventually waited more than 10000 flight hours to finally visit us. During his recent visit, where he had a bit (a lot) of fun with the Discus2c FES and the new Arcus-M, he made also more serious stuff: building direct human contacts with all the people involved here in the journey of making a glider, fixing it, or shipping spare parts.

Frankly, from the Schempp-Hirth point of view, we couldn’t be more happy with the east/west US coast team coverage and the smooth transition. Dream-team.

US Pilots rest assure - Schempp-Hirth will continue to be represented by people with knowledge of our gliders, eager to share the passion of our sport, world-wide, coast-to-coast, New York to LA, and with our support.

Again, we thank the M&H team for the many shared adventures. Our friendship continues.

We warmly welcome aboard Garret Willat and his Yankee Composites team as our new US Schempp-Hirth dealer.

Please find on our website the whole Schempp-Hirth international team on: https://www.schempp-hirth.com/en/com...onal-partners/

Garret
Old December 13th 19, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 2:32:33 AM UTC-5, Garret Willat wrote:

We warmly welcome aboard Garret Willat and his Yankee Composites team as our new US Schempp-Hirth dealer.

Can I be the Schleicher dealer for Region 5...

if I promise to stay in New Hampshire?

T8

Old December 13th 19, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 1:40:56 AM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 10:23:46 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Unfair to do this on a forum perhaps but I think it's that bad. Wondering if anyone else with an older SH model is feeling the same.
I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what should be required, no need to quibble over the details.. Have I done everything I could to get parts? No. Should I have to? No..
Website has not been updated in 4 years, things are listed for sale that they do not even have. I've never had the phone answered directly by anyone. I almost never get a reply to my first email, and my questions are usually not answered.

The practice of Law would be enjoyable if one didn't have clients. I know it is annoying to make repeated calls for a little part one needs, maybe even AOG until satisfaction. However, I did want to give a shout out to Monty and the other guy for years of service to the glider community. Just consider that a dealer takes on liability for the product they rep, occasionally at considerable cost to themselves. Being a Dealer is in many ways a full-time job without the money that goes with a full-time job. There are many little parts that must be kept in inventory and every customer must be dealt with to the costumers' satisfaction. Then there is the dealing with notoriously cheap glider pilots. I say thank you M&H and all the other dealers, and to Garret I say, congratulations and I hope you know what you got yourself into!

Hear Hear!
Thanks to M&H for many years of great service to the soaring community.
Garret has big shoes to fill. I know he will do a great job.
UH
Old December 14th 19, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I also would like to thank M&H. I always got parts fast, even when I forgot to pay for them (sorry again). I particularly appreciate their explaining my problems to me and pointing me in the right direction.
Mike Koerner
Old December 14th 19, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Friday, 13 December 2019 21:04:38 UTC+2, Dan Marotta wrote:
That's nice, but it assumes everybody has a Facebook account.

The guy copied the FB announcement for you to read here so no, it does not.
Old December 14th 19, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 11:04:38 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

I really dislike Facebook too! And I really dislike the erosion of privacy as a norm created by the FB/instagram "culture"! You can find me on Fb at Jonathan St. Cloud.
Old December 14th 19, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

"Hi my name is Garret Willat, I have taken over as the US rep from M&H Soaring"

Congratulations Garret !! Good luck with your new endeavor, I wish you continued success.
Russ Barry
Old December 14th 19, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We always had good relations with Monty & Heinz. There is a time for all good things to come to an end. We hit glider repair hard for 20 years, then just didn’t want to deal with it anymore and closed JJ Glider Repair..
Best wishes,
Pat, JJ & JJ Jr.
Old December 14th 19, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

You can't find me on facebook and, had I not read the announcement here,
I would not have known.

On 12/14/2019 7:10 AM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
[...]

Schempp-Hirth 2a/2b cockpit fit vs ASW-20? [email protected] Soaring 14 April 9th 12 01:46 PM
schempp-hirth shk-1 shkdriver Soaring 3 September 5th 08 03:38 AM
FS: Schempp-Hirth Discus A Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 19th 06 02:16 PM
Schempp-Hirth Mel Dawson Soaring 0 February 15th 06 04:08 PM
Schempp Hirth or its Representatives... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 11 September 23rd 03 09:28 AM