What have we learned from all this?

Old December 24th 20, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 1:14:18 PM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote on 12/23/2020 12:57 PM:
On 12/23/20 12:54 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote on 12/23/2020 11:41 AM:
On 12/21/20 5:57 PM, Gregg Ballou wrote:
On Monday, December 21, 2020 at 5:26:49 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:

...Yearly flu has a higher body count...
Quick though belated update: A week or so ago US deaths from Covid-19 surpassed 300,000.
That was in about ten months since the first US death in early February. With daily deaths
averaging ~2500, we're now up around 320,000.

--Bob K.
Without comorbidity BS accounting the 'rona death rate is less than the usual flu
bodycount. Except curiously this year there is no flu. All cause mortality is the same or a
bit less in 2020. You are free to be as scared as you want, or as scared as the TV tells
you to be. FYI being scared is really bad for immune system functioning.
Merry Christmas everyone. And have a blessed 2021. I'm not expecting a racing season in
'21 but if we shut off the TV and go to the airport we will get some great soaring in.
PS Some numbers from the Pfizer control group
https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...ovid-hysteria/

Joan Crawford to police: "He died from natural causes."
Police officer: "You pushed him off the roof."
Joan Crawford: "Gravity is a natural phenomenon."
Police officer: "We'll list the cause of death as corona virus."

Case closed.

That does not explain the hospitals at max capacity, or higher; the 12 hour shifts so many of
the doctors and nurses must fill; the need for refrigerated morgue trucks parked behind the
hospitals; retirement homes that lose so many of their residents in a couple weeks. These
facts are real, and not due to mislabeling the cause of death; in fact, the evidence suggests
Covid deaths are under reported.

Is there no sense of humor left in this country?

Probably not. It's hard to be humorous about all these deaths, when so many people in our area
(SE Washington State) think it's just the doctors lying to make more money on a fake Covid
death instead what really caused the death. They pack into illegally operated bars and
restaurants, hold big weddings in private hangars, house too many migrant workers in dorms, and
are pretty much ensuring the businesses and schools won't be getting back to normal operation
for months more than otherwise.

Yet those same demagogs say that mass protests w/o nary a mask is site is ok (freedom of speech, you know) - the hypocrisy is deafening.
Old December 28th 20, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

From the The Australian, paper with national circulation

"NSW government’s weekly COVID surveillance report have unearthed a frightening fact. Many of those who have coronavirus, have no idea they’ve got it."

Make of it what you want.

Cheers

Paul

Old December 28th 20, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 01:02:00 -0800, Paul B wrote:

From the The Australian, paper with national circulation

"NSW government’s weekly COVID surveillance report have unearthed a
frightening fact. Many of those who have coronavirus, have no idea
they’ve got it."

Make of it what you want.

This is well known in the UK as generally known as "symptomless COVID
infection". It seems that this can be best mitigated my face-masks (which
protect others from infection by the wearer - not the other way round)
and will only be reliably detected by an reliable, effective track&trace
system.

Reliable Track&Trace is a problem in the UK, since we don't appear to
have a working system.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old December 28th 20, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Acheson[_2_]

Nor in the USA.
And, believe it or not, many people will not answer the questions that tracers ask. Or, they tell untruths or partial truths.
Another reason they should just put tracking chips in everyone from birth.
Old December 28th 20, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 8:45:32 AM UTC-7, Guy Acheson wrote:
Nor in the USA.
And, believe it or not, many people will not answer the questions that tracers ask. Or, they tell untruths or partial truths.
Another reason they should just put tracking chips in everyone from birth.

Just issue an iPhone to everyone and superglue it to their hand. Same result.
Old December 28th 20, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

The only way to be safe is to quit living. If you are asymptomatic and landout you could infect a whole village with skypox. Sure at least 99.8% of them will live, but think of the bad PR for soaring.
Old December 28th 20, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 8:08:13 AM UTC-8, Mark Mocho wrote:

Just issue an iPhone to everyone and superglue it to their hand. Same result.

From what I see, no glue is needed.
Old December 28th 20, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 07:45:30 -0800, Guy Acheson wrote:

Nor in the USA.
And, believe it or not, many people will not answer the questions that
tracers ask. Or, they tell untruths or partial truths.

Same in the UK. Idiots.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old December 28th 20, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 2:43:43 PM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 07:45:30 -0800, Guy Acheson wrote:

Nor in the USA.
And, believe it or not, many people will not answer the questions that
tracers ask. Or, they tell untruths or partial truths.

Same in the UK. Idiots.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Since things have become so complicated why not issue a tattoo to every person whom is vaccinated. Look, you don't need Elvis on your thigh or the names of your last four wives, just a simple tattoo of either the Modera or the Pfizer logo on tour wrist or hand to confirm that you have been vaccinated. Therefore, you can mingle among the crowd, avoid social distancing and not wear a mask, that puts you in the same crowd as the millennials.
Old December 29th 20, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, 28 December 2020 at 19:43:43 UTC, Martin Gregorie wrote:
... Same in the UK. Idiots.

Perhaps not idiots, just selfish.
Not the only national group to be so.
J.