What have we learned from all this?

Old February 18th 21, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 20:45:44 UTC, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 12:24:45 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Does that include the guy who had the virus and was run over by a truck?

Dan
5J
On 2/17/21 12:12 PM, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.

For some time the doubling time for COVID deaths was on a 2-day trajectory. This has now dropped dramatically and is now 150 days for the US and is falling rapidly. It is very clear that President Trump's Warp Speed initiative has been remarkedly successful (despite the remarks of Konfused Kamala)..
https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?data=deaths

Tom

That sounds rather akin to Trump's repetitive boasts about the stock market hurtling upwards as soon as he'd lost the election

Vaccines have been developed around the world, and the Pfizer one, the first in use, had no finance from Trump's programme

Trump spent ages cultivating ideas in people's minds that behaviour such as wearing masks and social distsncing were almost party political or personal liberty or macho issues. The White House and Trump campaign events were super spreading. How many people ere infected by Guiliani's non-compliance?

Old February 19th 21, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 2:07:19 PM UTC-5, andy l wrote:
[...]

Andy, I think MSNBC and CNN are looking for more people to spread the BS, you will fit in just fine. Bob
Old February 19th 21, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Friday, 19 February 2021 at 00:47:03 UTC, wrote:
[...]

Nothing I said is actually untrue, though perhaps it didn't need to go quite that far towards revisiting older aspects

Fortunately, in both our countries, vaccine development and rollout looks like being more successful than earlier handling that ranged from fairly average to dismal.

Here (UK), the over 80s, the first group to receive the vaccine, already show marked drops in infections and hospital admissions. Currently we're doing over 65s and clinically vulnerable.
Old February 19th 21, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:12:45 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
...Yearly flu has a higher body count...

Quick update: Sometime in the next few days, the US death toll from Covid-19 will exceed half a million. That's in about 380 days since the first US death in early February 2020.

Fortunately, the vaccination effort is now recovering from its slow start and is ramping up to scale.

--Bob K.

Bob your TV is killing you. The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids. The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news. The short term data is ugly, just wait for the 'unexplained' surge in autoimmune disease. Besides what should the soaring community do about any of it? Cancel the entire 2021 season? How about the next decade, we can't be too safe? Pretend face diapers do something? Wait until the claimed death toll is six million and invade some foreign country? War is always a great feel good distraction for retards when the power of fake news slips.
Anyway if anyone is going to be reckless and take unapproved GMO vaccines, for the love of soaring, will your gliders to a youth program before getting the jab.
Old February 19th 21, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:30:12 AM UTC-5, Gregg Ballou wrote:
[...]

Gregg, to your surprise I got so ****ed off at the media I canceled all TV in my house, only watch Newsmax on the computer. Yea, as far as war goes it does seem to be the policy of the Democrats to change the directive. I did get the jab, can honestly say that after my close friend stayed 30 days in ICU, even had dreams of his own funeral, it seemed to be the best alternative.
My wife and I still practice safe measures when being outside our home environment, rather be safe than sorry. After retiring and having several surgeries during the 219-20 years about the only thing to do is fly the gliders and play with a few toys. I have been teaching myself video editing, and playing with drones.
The weather here in Florida has been sub par for this time of year, I cannot see this spring as a stellar soaring venue, too wet and unusual weather leading up to March, and then add the COVID situation, well I need not say anymore about that. Now more about soaring, October, which can be the second best month of the year was a dud, the WX pattern has not changed much in our favor. I did think it was beginning to dry out a bit and the motorglider guys from Seminole Motorglider facility made one respectable flight about a week back, but nothing since. Combine the WX with the unfortunate death of Rush Limbaugh and we are all in mourning here in the sunshine state. Take care, hope you get in the air soon, fly safe. Bob
Old February 21st 21, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 5:30:12 AM UTC-8, Gregg Ballou wrote:

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:

The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids. The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news.

When I read this I had to check if I was somehow in InfoWars comments or still on RAS. I thought glider pilots were smarter than this. Guess I was wrong.

Steve
I get my second shot next week. Hope I live though it. Right Gregg?
Old February 21st 21, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 9:14:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 5:30:12 AM UTC-8, Gregg Ballou wrote:

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 4:56:02 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:

The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids. The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news.
When I read this I had to check if I was somehow in InfoWars comments or still on RAS. I thought glider pilots were smarter than this. Guess I was wrong.

Steve
I get my second shot next week. Hope I live though it. Right Gregg?

I don't wish ill on you or anyone else taking the vaccine. Of course glider pilots that took the jab were smart enough to look through the Vaers data, read papers from dissenting scientists, and research the history of MRNA treatments before taking an experimental gene modification. FYI There are more adverse reactions to the second shot then the first. And not dying immediately after the second shot doesn't mean you are out of the woods. If you do have negative side effects for the sake of science please report them on https://vaers.hhs.gov/ Good luck and good health to you.
Old February 21st 21, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Gregg Ballou wrote on 2/19/2021 5:30 AM:
The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news.

"We all know that the rooster crows before the dawn, but we don’t think the rooster makes the
sun come up, simply because they are related in time".

About 8000 people die every day. In a population of 56 million people (the number vaccinated so
far), primarily over 65 and a large number that have comorbidities, there will be quite a few
that die within a few days or weeks of the vaccination.

Don't blame the rooster for the sunrise - get vaccinated so we can continue to argue about
purity and motorgliders :^)

Old February 21st 21, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

"About 8000 people die every day. In a population of 56 million people (the number vaccinated so
far), primarily over 65 and a large number that have comorbidities, there will be quite a few
that die within a few days or weeks of the vaccination."

Fully agree, however the same logic was not applied to covid-19, I wonder why?

Cheers

Paul