"Da Mayor" At Work

Old May 7th 05, 03:27 AM
Matt Barrow

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news:bsVee.644$14.262@trndny03...
Matt Barrow wrote:

Think of "Power of Attorney", or "delegation".

I've never signed one yet.

I did say DO one, I said THIN OF WHAT IT IS!

Putz! :~)

Old May 7th 05, 03:39 AM
George Patterson

Matt Barrow wrote:

I did say DO one, I said THIN OF WHAT IT IS!

I *did* think about it -- that's why I've never signed one. :-)

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.
Old May 7th 05, 05:33 AM
Jose

Rights conflict with each other.

Not if they're RIGHTS rather than special interest privileges.

My right to breathe, your right to smoke.
My right to sleep, your right to fly.
My right to free speech, your right to privacy and freedom from slander.
My right to swing my arms, your right to place your nose in the way.
My right to safety, your right to operate those newfangled aerothingies.
My right to shoot machine guns, your right to domestic tranquility.
My right to deal drugs, your right to to raise children in peace.

The list is endless. You may consider some of these to be "privileges",
but do you really think that rights are never in conflict?

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old May 7th 05, 03:26 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
Rights conflict with each other.

Not if they're RIGHTS rather than special interest privileges.

My right to breathe, your right to smoke.
My right to sleep, your right to fly.
My right to free speech, your right to privacy and freedom from slander.
My right to swing my arms, your right to place your nose in the way.
My right to safety, your right to operate those newfangled aerothingies.
My right to shoot machine guns, your right to domestic tranquility.
My right to deal drugs, your right to to raise children in peace.

The list is endless. You may consider some of these to be "privileges",
but do you really think that rights are never in conflict?

Try finding out what the term "negative rights" means.

Even before that, try finding out what "RIGHTS" means.

And please don't barf back something you were force-fed in school.

Old May 10th 05, 03:50 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Actaully, most groups fight for rights they maintain are applicable to

the
group (blacks, woemn, gays, straights, French...).

"French?"
--
Jay Honeck

Oh, You're so BAD, Jay! g

Do me a favor, (and others, too) and leave the "Jay wrote" or "whoever
wrote" at the top of the post when you snip. It makes seeing who the author
of the thread was, so much easier. Thanks!
--
Jim in NC

Old May 12th 05, 09:24 PM

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050504/..._truck_scandal

Maybe they'll finally arrest King Daley for willful and criminal

destruction
of public property?

Supposedly, he's "hurt, embarrassed and disappointed" that there is

actual
corruption in Chicago! Imagine that?

Maybe Cessna Corp. can buy the land that Meigs sat on, built by Chi.
Park
District Taxpayers. Loop acreage is around $5-$10 million these days.

JG

Hey! What fun!! Let's let them kill ourselves!!! [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 December 17th 04 10:45 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Simulators 0 November 9th 04 05:39 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Instrument Flight Rules 0 November 9th 04 05:37 PM