All Weather Covers

Old October 15th 14, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Gillespie

Default All Weather Covers

Any recommendations for good all-weather covers (rain, sleet, snow, dark of
night)?

Old October 15th 14, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

These seem to be the best: http://www.cobratrailer.com/?lang=en
Old October 15th 14, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Just one word of caution. Don't use them in moist climates, because in the morning the covers surly will be moist (wet?) and you stuff them someplace while you go flying for 5 or 6 hours. Then you land and think "Oh yes, I will fly tomorrow. No need for the covers tonight."
End result: Mold and early cover disintegration.
We replaced that unknown set with CloudDancers (www.CloudDancers.de) and like them.

Old October 15th 14, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:58:48 -0700, soarboy2 wrote:

Just one word of caution. Don't use them in moist climates, because in
the morning the covers surly will be moist (wet?) and you stuff them
someplace while you go flying for 5 or 6 hours. Then you land and think
"Oh yes, I will fly tomorrow. No need for the covers tonight."
End result: Mold and early cover disintegration.
We replaced that unknown set with CloudDancers (www.CloudDancers.de) and
like them.

I have a set of CloudDancers for my Libelle. I'm also very pleased with
the covers and with the general attitude and responsiveness of
CloudDancers.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old October 16th 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Gillespie[_2_]

At 04:09 15 October 2014, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
These seem to be the best: http://www.cobratrailer.com/?lang=en
Nice, but not an option in this case!

Old October 16th 14, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:14:32 PM UTC-7, Charlie Gillespie wrote:
At 04:09 15 October 2014, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

These seem to be the best: http://www.cobratrailer.com/?lang=en

Nice, but not an option in this case!

http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm

All for the SSB

Richard
Old October 16th 14, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:55:23 PM UTC-4, Charlie Gillespie wrote:
Any recommendations for good all-weather covers (rain, sleet, snow, dark of

night)?

I have been very happy with the covers sold by Eastern Sailplane.
http://www.easternsailplane.com/cata...ers-p-125.html
They seem to be rain proof, keeping the machine dry underneath. The construction looks same as more expensive covers from Europe and they fit perfectly.

Soartech
Old October 17th 14, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Les Connolly

At 16:19 16 October 2014, Soartech wrote:
On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:55:23 PM UTC-4, Charlie Gillespie wrote:
Any recommendations for good all-weather covers (rain, sleet, snow,

dark
of

night)?

I have been very happy with the covers sold by Eastern Sailplane.
http://www.easternsailplane.com/cata...ers-p-125.html
They seem to be rain proof, keeping the machine dry underneath. The
construction looks same as more expensive covers from Europe and they fit
perfectly.

Soartech
Try Skycovers, we had a set made for our Arcus, £700 and they are great

value for money, we have used them a number of times now with no problems,
fully waterproof, well worth having a look.

Old October 18th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

Rain Sleet Snow Dark of Night are important.

At the top of my glider cover priority are flies
Dang flies.
Are Cloud-Dancers truly fly proof?
gotta know...
Richard?
Old October 18th 14, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Friday, October 17, 2014 5:09:30 PM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Rain Sleet Snow Dark of Night are important.

At the top of my glider cover priority are flies

Dang flies.

Are Cloud-Dancers truly fly proof?

gotta know...

Richard?

Yes your glider will not fly with the covers on.

Richard

all-weather covers from Kerry Cover Co. Ltd. Peter Scholz[_3_] Soaring 20 December 14th 16 01:55 AM
weather covers Colin Roney Soaring 2 May 15th 14 08:12 PM
Warm Weather Pilots, Cold Weather Ops john smith Piloting 3 December 2nd 04 04:00 PM
aircraft covers Jeff Piloting 4 May 11th 04 12:48 AM
And they say the automated Weather Station problems "ASOS" are insignificant because only light aircraft need Weather Observations and forecasts... Roy Piloting 4 July 12th 03 04:03 PM