A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Old December 12th 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

Unfair to do this on a forum perhaps but I think it's that bad. Wondering if anyone else with an older SH model is feeling the same.
I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what should be required, no need to quibble over the details. Have I done everything I could to get parts? No. Should I have to? No.
Website has not been updated in 4 years, things are listed for sale that they do not even have. I've never had the phone answered directly by anyone. I almost never get a reply to my first email, and my questions are usually not answered.
Old December 12th 19, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Leonard
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:23:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Unfair to do this on a forum perhaps but I think it's that bad. Wondering if anyone else with an older SH model is feeling the same.
I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what should be required, no need to quibble over the details. Have I done everything I could to get parts? No. Should I have to? No.
Website has not been updated in 4 years, things are listed for sale that they do not even have. I've never had the phone answered directly by anyone. I almost never get a reply to my first email, and my questions are usually not answered.

Have you checked the SH website lately? There is a new US partner listed there (announced this week via some other channels)...
Old December 12th 19, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 10:44:06 AM UTC-8, Dave Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:23:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what should be required, no need to quibble over the details.. Have I done everything I could to get parts? No. Should I have to? No..

Have you checked the SH website lately? There is a new US partner listed there (announced this week via some other channels)...

I just started working with that rep without realizing they are an authorized rep. The other rep has it posted on their home page that they are the exclusive rep so I was confused until now.
Old December 12th 19, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster

Arrr, Jim lad!
The S-H announcement was supposed to be made a while ago, but is now on their International Partners page.
I've already ordered parts from Garret. He replied to an e-mail I sent to M+H, evidently forwarded. Have spoken with Heinz about other things since then.
Alle ist gut!
Jim
Old December 12th 19, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

The SH parts department is a very helpful and responsive group to work with.. I’m positive you did not reach out directly to them. If you do, they’ll respond quickly and if it’s something smaller that doesn’t need to be shipped in some big crate, you can probably get it pretty quickly. None of the prices I have ever been quoted by SH have been unreasonable.
Old December 13th 19, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:43:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
The SH parts department is a very helpful and responsive group to work with. I’m positive you did not reach out directly to them. If you do, they’ll respond quickly and if it’s something smaller that doesn’t need to be shipped in some big crate, you can probably get it pretty quickly. None of the prices I have ever been quoted by SH have been unreasonable.

Hmmm, must be bad luck for me. I've never been able to get a single part directly from them. I have been referred to SH Germany and that wasn't productive either. And I've definitely never been given a quote for anything even though I have asked specifically. As one example, I sent an email and requested a part that was pretty critical to operating the glider. Since I didn't know the exact name of the part and there could be confusion as to the specific part I needed I sent photo of the broken part I had. I got no response to that email ever. I've made other requests, I still do not have that part.
Old December 13th 19, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 7:07:03 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:43:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
The SH parts department is a very helpful and responsive group to work with. I’m positive you did not reach out directly to them. If you do, they’ll respond quickly and if it’s something smaller that doesn’t need to be shipped in some big crate, you can probably get it pretty quickly. None of the prices I have ever been quoted by SH have been unreasonable.

Hmmm, must be bad luck for me. I've never been able to get a single part directly from them. I have been referred to SH Germany and that wasn't productive either. And I've definitely never been given a quote for anything even though I have asked specifically. As one example, I sent an email and requested a part that was pretty critical to operating the glider. Since I didn't know the exact name of the part and there could be confusion as to the specific part I needed I sent photo of the broken part I had. I got no response to that email ever. I've made other requests, I still do not have that part.

But I'll move on. Seems I have a solution to the problem now.
Old December 13th 19, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim N
external usenet poster

Last year I needed a few things for my Ventus so I emailed M&H. No reply. I called both numbers. No answer so I left voicemails. No reply. I thought, this is nonsense and contacted Schempp-Hirth. What a difference. They couldn’t have been more helpful.
Old December 13th 19, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

https://www.schempp-hirth.com/en/com...-partners/usa/

M&H is no longer listed.
Old December 13th 19, 07:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 10:23:46 AM UTC-8, wrote:

The practice of Law would be enjoyable if one didn't have clients. I know it is annoying to make repeated calls for a little part one needs, maybe even AOG until satisfaction. However, I did want to give a shout out to Monty and the other guy for years of service to the glider community. Just consider that a dealer takes on liability for the product they rep, occasionally at considerable cost to themselves. Being a Dealer is in many ways a full-time job without the money that goes with a full-time job. There are many little parts that must be kept in inventory and every customer must be dealt with to the costumers' satisfaction. Then there is the dealing with notoriously cheap glider pilots. I say thank you M&H and all the other dealers, and to Garret I say, congratulations and I hope you know what you got yourself into!