Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old February 27th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

"Airbus" wrote in message

This was taken from a much longer note that mentioned the Brit level
had gone from Annoyed to Peeved.

You laugh, bnut the French have one of the world's most sophisticated
military industrial complexes. The US is proude of their Stealth Bomber,
but the French have an entire Stealth Army!! No matter what is happening
on the world scene they are completely invisible!!

LOL! Reminds me of the infamous Modesto Ninja Parade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49fVYmO3yv0

"This is our forth straight year. We've never seen a ninja."
"A record crowd of 3,000 came out to not see the ninjas."

Old February 27th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 26, 10:28*pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm there all the time and while they can be a bit standoffish, I've never
found them to live up to any of the poplular stereotypes around them.

Ditto!

The stand-offish folks I've met were primarily Parisians. Prolly ****ed that
I was wreckin' their language (Hey, at least I was making an attempt). The
folks down south like in Aix, Vence, Arles etc. were really jolly and a load
of fun to be around.

You have to know that France consists of two distinct parts: France
and NonFrance.
NonFrance is mainly Paris and the Cote de Azur area. The NonFrench are
mostly obnoxious b*st*** who are only after your money. The good thing
about them is that they treat everybody like low life scum no matter
were you come from.
In France the people are nice, friendly and welcoming. And the food is
better too.

There are more pockets of NonFrance in France, easilly regonized. If
the license plates in the streets are40% Brit and/or Dutch you have
hit some NonFrance. Better head back.

The most obnoxious people I have ever experienced in France (and Italy too i
guess) were Aussies, English and Americans. Total embarrassments.

Hey, you forgot the Dutch.

-Kees.
Old February 27th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equalopportunity insulter

I lifted the quotation from this rant: may as well keep it in context.

EUROPEAN TERRORIST PREPARATIONS:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist
threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to
"Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to
"Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit
Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody
Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance"
warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its
terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in
France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by
a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively

paralysing the country's military capability.

It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of
alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and
Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful
Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also

have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only
threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to
deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new
Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

=
Old February 27th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Feb 27, 9:35*am, Jim Stewart wrote:
Airbus wrote:
In article
,
says...

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its
terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in
France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by
a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively
paralysing the country's military capability.

This was taken from a much longer note that mentioned the Brit level
had gone from Annoyed to Peeved.

You laugh, bnut the French have one of the world's most sophisticated
military industrial complexes. The US is proude of their Stealth Bomber,
but the French have an entire Stealth Army!! No matter what is happening
on the world scene they are completely invisible!!

Besides, if it weren't for the French we wouldn't
have cute words like fuselage, aileron, pitot, nacelle
or *cough* monocoque.- Hide quoted text -

yeh but according to G.Dubbya the French dont even have a word for
entrepreneur.

Old February 27th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

Just curious... What is your definition of "Iraq succeeding"? I must
admit, I've been watching... and I haven't been seeing anything I
would define as "success" -- Certainly not when the total costs of war
(in $$$ and lives and the global perception of our country) are
factored in...

Gosh, even the mainstream media here in America -- normally anything but
Bush allies -- have been documenting our success in Iraq over the last six
months (which tells you that it really started probably a year earlier,
given the "impartial journalists" in this country) -- and the non-mainstream
media have been taking note for far longer. It's hard to believe anyone
could actually ask this question anymore.

General Petraeus has found the right mix of "carrots and sticks" in working
with the various tribes in Iraq. He has worked hard to forge alliances with
the Iraqis to unite against the Al Queda operatives who were laying waste to
their country. Normal life has returned to most of Iraq, violence is down
to levels that would make large American inner cities envious, and real
progress has been made to eradicate AQ.

Schools are open, roads have been rebuilt, power plants are back on line,
telecommunications systems are working, commerce is growing, and the latest
polls show Iraqi citizens are increasingly happy with the way things are
going. Because of "the Surge", our troops are numerous enough to be out
amongst the citizens again, instead of cowering in safe havens, and are
providing a stable sense of law and order that normal Iraqis (and people all
over the world, for that matter) need and want.

By any measure, this is known as "success" -- and even the most rabid
Bush-bashers have been forced to admit it.

Both Obama and Clinton, with their calls for retreat, are looking more out
of step with reality every day -- but it's hurting Hillary's campaign the
worst. As Iraq fades from public view, and attention is focused on
domestic worries, Obama's message for "change" becomes more compelling.

Now, of course, you can argue that success took too long, and cost too many
lives, and we shouldn't have invaded, and any of a hundred other
postulations -- but the bottom line is this: At this point we need a
stable, peaceful, Iraq, allied with us against AQ and radical Islam. Gen.
Petraeus and the U.S. Army is making that happen, and -- although it's still
a tenuous situation -- it's a beautiful thing to see, after so much
bloodshed and waste.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 27th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

wrote:

Hey, you forgot the Dutch.

-Kees.

Nah, the flems were OK.

Old February 27th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:35:22 -0800, Jim Stewart wrote:

Besides, if it weren't for the French we wouldn't
have cute words like fuselage, aileron, pitot, nacelle
or *cough* monocoque.

You forgot empanage.

--
Dallas
Old February 27th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 27, 10:36*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Just curious... *What is your definition of "Iraq succeeding"? *I must
admit, I've been watching... and I haven't been seeing anything I
would define as "success" -- Certainly not when the total costs of war
(in $$$ and lives and the global perception of our country) are
factored in...

Gosh, even the mainstream media here in America -- normally anything but
Bush allies -- have been documenting our success in Iraq over the last six
months (which tells you that it really started probably a year earlier,
given the "impartial journalists" in this country) -- and the non-mainstream
media have been taking note for far longer. *It's hard to believe anyone
could actually ask this question anymore.

The fact that you find it hard to believe that anyone would question
the value or success of the war speaks volumes about you clouded view
of reality.

General Petraeus has found the right mix of "carrots and sticks" in working
with the various tribes in Iraq. *He has worked hard to forge alliances with
the Iraqis to unite against the Al Queda operatives who were laying waste to
their country. *Normal life has returned to most of Iraq, violence is down
to levels that would make large American inner cities envious, and real
progress has been made to eradicate AQ.

Again, I must question your definition of progress... I read (almost)
daily reports of mass killings in Iraq. Which cities in America are
supposed to be envious?

Schools are open, roads have been rebuilt, power plants are back on line,
telecommunications systems are working, commerce is growing, and the latest
polls show Iraqi citizens are increasingly happy with the way things are
going. *Because of "the Surge", our troops are numerous enough to be out
amongst the citizens again, instead of cowering in safe havens, and are
providing a stable sense of law and order that normal Iraqis (and people all
over the world, for that matter) need and want.

In other words, if things keep "improving", Iraq may someday get back
to levels of pre-invasion days. As far as the "increasingly happy"
Iraqi citizens, I'm not sure if that means last year they were 10%
happy and this year they are 15% happy? Please explain. Do you
really think I need and want the sense of law and order that normal
Iraqis currently possess?

By any measure, this is known as "success" -- and even the most rabid
Bush-bashers have been forced to admit it.

Again, the idea of success must take into account all costs, along
with the benefits. You say by any measure the outcome of this
analysis would be positive. Apparently the billions of $$$ spent,
along with the thousands of lives lost or ruined is a small/non-
existant factor in your analysis of the war. Do you stand by your
assertion that the war is a success "by any measure"? Are you really
that narrow-minded? And who are these "Bush-bashers" that were forced
to admit the success of the war? Can you back up that claim?

Both Obama and Clinton, with their calls for retreat, *are looking more out
of step with reality every day -- but it's hurting Hillary's campaign the
worst. * As Iraq fades from public view, and attention is focused on
domestic worries, Obama's message for "change" becomes more compelling.

I guess we'll have to wait for the next Pres. election to see who the
American public believes is "out of step with reality". Although I
must admit I've heard that description used quite a bit the past
couple of years when referencing are current Pres.

Now, of course, you can argue that success took too long, and cost too many
lives, and we shouldn't have invaded, and any of a hundred other
postulations -- but the bottom line is this: *At this point we need a
stable, peaceful, Iraq, allied with us against AQ and radical Islam. * Gen.
Petraeus and the U.S. Army is making that happen, and -- although it's still
a tenuous situation -- it's a beautiful thing to see, after so much
bloodshed and waste.

Yes, I believe "success" (your word, not mine) took too long, cost too
many lives and $$$, and we shouldn't have invaded. And I (unlike you)
actually take those factors into account when I measure the level of
"success" of this war. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on how
successful we have been in creating a stable/peaceful Iraq - one that
is allied with us against QA and radical Islam.
I guess we can just look at your last sentence: You see beauty. I'm
afraid more than a few of us see bloodshed and waste.