Ambassador Wilson to Out Bush Regime Leaker of CIA Operative

Old May 1st 04, 01:05 AM
MORRIS434

Default Ambassador Wilson to Out Bush Regime Leaker of CIA Operative

Ambassador Wilson to Out Bush Regime Leaker of CIA Operative (his
wife):

http://www.buzzflash.com/interviews/04/04/int04023.html

Ambassador Joseph Wilson IV, Author of "The Politics of Truth: Inside
the Lies that Led to War and Betrayed My Wife's CIA Identity."

Check out how Gaffney didn't like the front page New York Times
article too much either (from the day before yesterday):

Frank Gaffney: Feith’s Fight (Damage Control for the neocons):

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=14909

I used to be a Republican (until I found out about the JINSA/PNAC Neocon
hijacking of the Bush regime to take us to war for Israel in the Middle East as
conveyed to us by Pat Buchanan in his 'Whose War?' article which you can read
via the following URL):

http://www.amconmag.com/03_24_03/cover.html

Mission Not Accomplished

Mission Not Accomplished

by Senator Robert C Byrd
US Senate Floor Remarks
April 29, 2004

Senator Byrd delivered the following remarks in the Senate to mark the one-year
anniversary of President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech aboard the USS
Abraham Lincoln, which occurred on May 1, 2003.

A year ago, the President of the United States harkened back to his days as an
aviator for the Texas Air National Guard to deliver a dramatic,
made-for-television speech. Eager to experience the thrill of a carrier
landing, the President donned a flight suit, strapped into a jet, and rocketed
off into the wild blue yonder for a 30-mile journey.

This flight of fancy concluded with the dramatic landing of that speeding plane
onto the deck of an aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln -- so named for
the stoic leader who guided our country through one of its most troubling
times.

Such was the scene on May 1, 2003, under the warming rays of the California
sun. The President delivered to the sailors on that ship a welcome and long
overdue message: he commended the men and women on their outstanding service to
our country during the trials of the war in Iraq, and welcomed them back to the
United States of America.

While the President delivered those words of appreciation, every television
viewer in the country -- and, indeed, the world -- could see in the background
a banner with the words "Mission Accomplished" superimposed upon the Stars and
Stripes.

In contrast to the simple humility of President Lincoln's Gettysburg Address,
President Bush's speech was designed from the outset to be remembered right up
until November 2, 2004.

The President announced unequivocally that "major combat operations in Iraq
have ended," and that "in the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies
have prevailed." Now, one year later, combat deaths are more than five times
that of a year ago when our President celebrated "mission accomplished."

Since that time, Iraq has become a veritable shooting gallery. This April has
been the bloodiest month of the entire war, with more than 120 Americans
killed. Young lives cut short in a pointless conflict and all the President can
say is that it "has been a tough couple of weeks." A tough couple of weeks,
indeed.

Plans have obviously gone tragically awry. But the President has, so far, only
managed to mutter that we must "stay the course." But what course is there to
keep when our ship of state is being tossed like a dinghy in a storm of Middle
East politics? If the course is to end in the liberation of Iraq and bring a
definitive end to the war against Saddam Hussein, one must conclude, mission
not accomplished, Mr. President.

The White House argues time and again that Iraq is the "central front" on the
war on terrorism. But instead of keeping murderous al Qaeda terrorists on the
run, the invasion of Iraq has stoked the fires of terrorism against the United
States and our allies. Najaf is smoldering. Fallujah is burning. And there is
no exit is in sight. What has been accomplished, Mr. President?

Al Qaeda has morphed into a hydra-headed beast, no longer dependent on Osama
bin Laden. The Administration has flippantly claimed that it is better to tie
down terrorists in Iraq than to battle them in our homeland. Mr. President,
with hundreds of thousands of American troops in Iraq for the foreseeable
future, and a worldwide campaign of terrorism gathering steam, who is tying
down whom?

Indeed, our attack on Iraq has given Islamic militants a common cause and has
fertilized the field for new recruits. The failures by the United States to
secure the peace in Iraq has virtually guaranteed al Qaeda a fertile field of
new recruits ready to sacrifice their lives to fight the American infidels.
These extremists openly call for "jihad", swear allegiance to bin Laden, and
refer to the September 11 murderers as the "magnificent 19." According to
intelligence sources, hundreds of young Muslims are answering terror
recruitment calls with a resounding "yes."

Amidst all this, the American people are asking themselves one central
question: Have we been made more safe by the President's war in Iraq? Do we
sleep more soundly in our beds now that Saddam Hussein is captured? Or,
instead, are we starting to fully comprehend and regret the fury which has been
unleashed by the unprovoked attack on Iraq?

Deaths and casualties of Iraqi civilians are in the thousands, but an actual
number cannot be obtained. Is it any wonder that Iraqis see us, not as
liberators, but as crusaders and conquerors? A growing number of Iraqis see us
as we would see foreign troops on the streets of Chicago, New York, Washington,
or any small town in America. Surely one can understand the hatred brewing in
Iraq when we see the agony of an Iraqi family that has lost a loved one due to
an errant bomb or bullet.

One year after President Bush proclaimed the conclusion of major combat
operations in Iraq, is the world any safer from terrorism? Iraq has become a
breeding ground for terrorists of all stripes. The Middle East seethes in
deepening violence and the culture of revenge. Our war on terror appears to
many as a war against Islam. A one-sided policy on the Arab-Israeli conflict
drives both sides away from the peace table, and hundreds of millions more to
hatred of our country. No, the world is not safer.

One year after the "mission accomplished" speech, is America safer? We have not
secured our homeland from terrifying threats of destruction. This President has
sown divisions in our long-standing alliances. He has squandered our treasure
in Iraq and put us deep in debt. Our brave soldiers are pinned down in Iraq
while our enemies see the invincible American armor as penetrable by the sword
of urban guerrilla warfare. No, America is not safer.

One year ago, the President announced an end to major combat operations in
Iraq. Yet, our troops are having their deployments extended in Iraq while our
lines are stretched thin everywhere else. Billions upon billions of taxpayer
dollars are being poured into Iraq. Seven hundred and twenty-two American lives
have been lost. Unknown thousands of Iraqis are dead. Claims of WMD and
death-dealing drones are discredited. And bin Laden is still on the loose.

I stand behind no one in supporting our troops through the dangers they face
every day. I grieve along with the families that have lost loved ones. The
failures of post-war Iraq lay squarely on the Bush Administration for
recklessly sending this country to war. A war that should not have been fought.
A war in the wrong place, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons.

Mission accomplished? The mission in Iraq, as laid out by President Bush and
Vice President Cheney, has failed. Even more disturbing, the disdain for
international law, and the military bombast of this cocky, reckless
Administration have tarnished the beacon of hope and freedom which the United
States of America once offered to the world.

How long will America continue to pay the price in blood and treasure of this
President's war? How long must the best of our nation's military men and women
be taken from their homes to fight this unnecessary war in Iraq? How long must
our National Guardsmen be taken from their communities to fight and die in the
hot sands in Iraq? How long must the fathers and mothers see their sons and
daughters die in a far away land because of President Bush's doctrine of
preemptive attack? How long must little children across our land go to sleep at
night crying for a daddy or mother far away who may never come home?

President Bush typified the Happy Warrior when he strutted across the deck of
the USS Abraham Lincoln a year ago this coming Saturday. He was in his glory
that day. But on this May 1, we will remember the widows and the orphans that
have been made by his fateful decision to attack Iraq; we will be aware of the
tears that have been shed for his glory.

How long?

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush shot JFK over what he did to Barbara Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Home Built 2 August 30th 04 03:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM