2-33 Fuselage and Tail recovery.

Old February 17th 04, 05:54 PM
Lord Struthers

Default 2-33 Fuselage and Tail recovery.

Anyone had a 2-33 recovered recently by a commercial shop? What process, cost,
and time,for the job?
Thanks,
Rich
Old February 18th 04, 03:09 AM
BTIZ

Lord S, depends on where you are. We used a small shop in Southern
California to recover our 2-33 about 6 years ago, Stitts ploy process I
believe was used. We were able to get a "cut rate" because the
owner/operator of the shop used the recovering process as a teaching tool
for local EAA builders in the area to learn the fabric process.

A through rebuild of the fuselage, some formers repaired, fiberglass work on
the nose, wheel housing repaired and straightened, and recover/paint of
fuselage and tail feathers ran about $6.5K. He had the glider from mid Jan
to Mid March

BT

Old February 18th 04, 07:27 AM
Lord Struthers

Thanks BT,
Got another response from the midwest, and that was a $4.5K recover, last year.
Rich
Old February 19th 04, 03:18 AM
BTIZ

like I said... ours had some other structural issues to take care of..

BT

"Lord Struthers" wrote in message
Thanks BT,
Got another response from the midwest, and that was a $4.5K recover, last

year.
Rich

Tail flapper failure Veeduber Home Built 2 May 22nd 04 06:52 AM
Tail Skid Help / Advice Ray Lovinggood Soaring 3 January 2nd 04 08:16 PM
#1 Jet of World War II Christopher Military Aviation 203 September 1st 03 03:04 AM
Long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 20 August 27th 03 09:14 AM
SZD-55-1 Fuselage Venting WDM Soaring 1 August 1st 03 07:04 PM