Single place electric motorglider info?

Old January 27th 12, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CF[_2_]

Default Single place electric motorglider info?

Saw a single place electric motorglider at the Sebring FL LSA show 19-22
Jan. Didn't get the info on it, does anyone have such, like a web site?
Old January 27th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Jan 27, 12:43*pm, CF wrote:
Saw a single place electric motorglider at the Sebring FL LSA show 19-22
Jan. Didn't get the info on it, does anyone have such, like a web site?

Was it an Apis? They have an electric option. Look here and then on
the left
side for Electric systems.
http://pipistrel-usa.com/
Old January 27th 12, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

There are two Antares 20E in Florida (we flew together last week), but it wasn't one of these at Sebring. I'm curious too !
See ya, Dave "YO electric"
PS: There will be three Antares 20Es competing at the Seniors. Hope to get a formation photo !
Old January 28th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Was it the Silent2? This is a really cool electric sailplane with a very innovative FES (Front Electric Sustainer) system. Far less moving parts and complexity than traditional boom mounted motor gliders.

http://www.alisport.com/eu/eng/silent2electro.htm

The Antares is an amazing machine in virtually every way, but its also expensive and fairly full on (250k+).

The Silent is well under 100k new, I think...

Hope you find what your looking for.

Sean
F2
Old January 28th 12, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Also Lak 17, for which the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) system was
first developed. Now can be ordered from factory in sustainer version;
self launcher being developed (prototype has flown; video etc. on LZ
design website: http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/index.php )

Chris N

Old January 28th 12, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Jan 27, 5:42*pm, Chris Nicholas wrote:
Also Lak 17, for which the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) system was
first developed. Now can be ordered from factory in sustainer version;
self launcher being developed (prototype has flown; video etc. on LZ
design website:http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/index.php*)

Chris N

There should be one at the convention to look at. If I win the
lottery, I'm getting one.
Old January 28th 12, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

On 1/27/2012 4:45 PM, mike wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:42 pm, Chris wrote:
Also Lak 17, for which the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) system was
first developed. Now can be ordered from factory in sustainer version;
self launcher being developed (prototype has flown; video etc. on LZ
design website:http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/index.php )

Chris N

There should be one at the convention to look at. If I win the
lottery, I'm getting one.

There is one in the US?
Old January 28th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

By the way, if anyone wants a copy of a paper I did on my FES, send me
an email to which I can reply with an attachment.

Chris N
Old January 28th 12, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Jan 27, 6:43*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 1/27/2012 4:45 PM, mike wrote:

On Jan 27, 5:42 pm, Chris *wrote:
Also Lak 17, for which the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) system was
first developed. Now can be ordered from factory in sustainer version;
self launcher being developed (prototype has flown; video etc. on LZ
design website:http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/index.php)

Chris N

There should be one at the convention to look at. If I win the
lottery, I'm getting one.

There is one in the US?

Yes..It is headed for Reno on Monday....
Thx - Renny
Old February 2nd 12, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CF[_2_]

CF wrote in
. 90:

Saw a single place electric motorglider at the Sebring FL LSA show 19-22
Jan. Didn't get the info on it, does anyone have such, like a web site?

It was none of those in the replies, it had a pusher motor n prop