See you on google

Old December 13th 12, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Smith[_4_]

Default See you on google

Anyone wish to share how to run IFC files on google earth for
playback,seem to have caught a discussion then lost everything concerning
how to achieve this
Pete

Old December 13th 12, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

SeeYou has a pretty complete export mechanism which creates a KML/KMZ file which you can then view in Google Earth. You can even choose the color profile of the track (by altitude, vario, ENL etc).

You can achieve that by simply opening the IGC file in SeeYou and then choosing File Save As KML/KMZ Google Earth format.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old December 13th 12, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:09:53 AM UTC, Pete Smith wrote:
Anyone wish to share how to run IFC files on google earth for

playback,seem to have caught a discussion then lost everything concerning

how to achieve this

Pete

Hi Pete

http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html

for .igc file replay on google earth

Old December 13th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:57:13 AM UTC-8, wrote:
SeeYou has a pretty complete export mechanism which creates a KML/KMZ file which you can then view in Google Earth. You can even choose the color profile of the track (by altitude, vario, ENL etc). You can achieve that by simply opening the IGC file in SeeYou and then choosing File Save As KML/KMZ Google Earth format. Regards, Andrej Kolar -- glider pilots use http://www.Naviter.com On Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:09:53 AM UTC+1, Pete Smith wrote: Anyone wish to share how to run IFC files on google earth for playback,seem to have caught a discussion then lost everything concerning how to achieve this Pete

Andrej. I did try this. There are many formats shown but the KML/KMZ
I do have an earlier SeeYou program through, is that the problem?
Thanks. PeterK
Old December 14th 12, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:57:13 AM UTC-8, wrote:
SeeYou has a pretty complete export mechanism which creates a KML/KMZ file which you can then view in Google Earth. You can even choose the color profile of the track (by altitude, vario, ENL etc).

You can achieve that by simply opening the IGC file in SeeYou and then choosing File Save As KML/KMZ Google Earth format.

Regards,

Andrej Kolar

--

glider pilots use

http://www.Naviter.com

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:09:53 AM UTC+1, Pete Smith wrote:

Anyone wish to share how to run IFC files on google earth for

playback,seem to have caught a discussion then lost everything concerning

how to achieve this

Pete

A bit of topic but related to SeeYou so maybe the right place. I finally upgraded my desktop SeeYou from 3.9 to 5.0. So far so good, but I was under the impression that starting with SeeYou 4.0 it was supporting higher resolution satellite maps and even downloading them automatically, but I still see my old low resolution maps and can no longer find an option to download satellite maps from the web site. They used to be available free of charge. Am I missing something?

Ramy
Old December 14th 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, this has been added in SeeYou 4.

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old December 14th 12, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

There is a program called "IGC Replay" that will play the igc file on google earth. No need to convert to kmz.
Just google it ito find it.

Old December 14th 12, 11:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Ramy.

http://www.naviter.com/satellite-maps-north-america/

They're not linked yet from the website because we're moving things around. Satellite maps don't download automatically, Vector maps and Airspace does..

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old December 15th 12, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Friday, December 14, 2012 3:20:16 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Thanks Andrej, but clicking on the maps does not seem to work, I am getting an xml reply.

Ramy
Old December 17th 12, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oops. All links were missing an extension.
http://www.naviter.com/satellite-maps-north-america/

Now it works. Sorry about that.

What's up with Google??? Kingfish Piloting 58 November 5th 06 12:08 AM
Google Sux.. [email protected] Soaring 1 April 29th 05 10:48 PM
Google Video Knacklappen Soaring 0 April 14th 05 11:11 PM
Tip for google map lat / lon [email protected] Soaring 1 April 12th 05 11:32 AM
Doesn't GOOGLE...? Michael Horowitz Home Built 5 December 17th 03 05:11 PM