Who's up for a safari?

Old February 23rd 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Who's up for a safari?

Who’s up for a southwestern safari early May to mid June? Tom Bjork
and I are planning a soaring safari from Minden to Marfa via Bishop,
Inyokern, Jean, Estrella, El Tiro, and Moriarity, Then we'll see what wx
and personal energy will allow. We’ll be flying a Duo Discus and
have one additional pilot accompanying us with his own glider part or all of the safari.

We have one dedicated crewmember at this time.
The schedule has us arriving at glider ports when tows are available.
We’ll be staying in motels, not camping. This is a fun safari, not
hugely competitive (although we’ll put flights on OLC.)

Interested in joining us for all or part? Depart Minden May 3, arrive
Moriarity May 14 and Marfa on or about June 1. Good soaring, good
companionship, good scenery. Both of us are on Gmail: me at
“fred.lasor” at, and Tom at “tpbjork” at. Write us for info. Fred
Old February 23rd 13, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Fred, We'll be ready to tow you when you stop at Jean.
Normally our club only tows on Sat and Sun, but we may be able to scare up a mid week tow pilot with advance notice. We do have a couple of retired tow pilots around. O2 bottles are ready. Gold Strike is still open and within walking distance. Let us know your plans.

LVVSA
Old February 23rd 13, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

T: If we stop at Jean, it will be on a Sat or Sun. That' the idea: schedule the trip so we're at a place when we can get a tow. F

LVVSA

Old February 23rd 13, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Me, me, me, me, me...!

I've been on three safaris and they are a hoot. Minden's a bit far to
expect my wife to haul me, but I'm interested in joining along the route.
Please keep us posted!

BTW, I'm at Moriarty and, in May, we'll be towing 7 days per week.
Hopefully, I won't be the duty pilot when you pass through.

Dan, 5J

Old February 24th 13, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Dan, tow on up to Jean and join the group there..
We know you both know the way..
Bill

OLC & Safari 5.0 dans Soaring 2 July 11th 10 04:50 PM
Parowan Safari Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 1 September 5th 06 08:39 PM
Australian Air Safari ?? Tri-Pacer Piloting 12 February 21st 06 08:06 AM
Australian Air Safari ?? sr20goer Piloting 0 February 19th 06 03:57 AM
Minden Safari Steve Leonard Soaring 1 November 12th 05 07:37 AM