LVVSA Roach Dry Lake Fall Auto-Tow Extravaganza

Old August 24th 12, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate[_2_]

Default LVVSA Roach Dry Lake Fall Auto-Tow Extravaganza

The date has been set for the weekend of 27/28 October (weather
permitting) for the LVVSA Fall Auto-Tow event. The location is Roach
dry lake, off Interstate 15 just north of the California/Nevada
border. Directions can be found on the LVVSA.org website.
Auto and Aero tows, great food, lots of fun. We will have a rope
capable of towing the big two-place gliders (G103 and Janus C) this
year.

Old August 24th 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, August 24, 2012 9:15:38 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Are plain old 15/18 meter ships welcome? "Grider Pirate" wrote in message ... The date has been set for the weekend of 27/28 October (weather permitting) for the LVVSA Fall Auto-Tow event. The location is Roach dry lake, off Interstate 15 just north of the California/Nevada border. Directions can be found on the LVVSA.org website. Auto and Aero tows, great food, lots of fun. We will have a rope capable of towing the big two-place gliders (G103 and Janus C) this year.

Yes! Dan W from Northern Utah (NUTSO) brought his Ventus down last time. Took only two tows all weekend, and 'got away' on both.

Old August 25th 12, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, August 24, 2012 8:59:55 AM UTC-6, Grider Pirate wrote:
The date has been set for the weekend of 27/28 October (weather

permitting) for the LVVSA Fall Auto-Tow event. The location is Roach

dry lake, off Interstate 15 just north of the California/Nevada

border. Directions can be found on the LVVSA.org website.

Auto and Aero tows, great food, lots of fun. We will have a rope

capable of towing the big two-place gliders (G103 and Janus C) this

year.

Would it be possible to get an Auto Tow Endorsement?

Old August 26th 12, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

We camp on the lake bed. There are 3 hotels in Primm and 1 in Jean.
Camping out is part of the event.

Ground launch endorsements are possible. Club members first.
Old August 27th 12, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

Excellent!
I'll try to remember to update this thread if conditions change at
Roach. Here's a map to the dry lake from the Jean airport.

http://lvvsa.org/Pictures/Events/RoachDryLakeMapNew.jpg
Old September 24th 12, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I've emailed over a week ago to two addresses on the LVVS website and gotten
no response so I'll post my questions he

My wife and I plan to bring my LAK-17a to Roach Dry lake for the ground
launch activities and I want to know if there are any special requirements
to participate.

I'm ground launch qualified with both winch and auto tow. I'm also
qualified to self launch (if I had one!) and aero tow.

I'm an SSA member and fully insured and I hold a Diamond Badge.

So... Will we be welcome and will I be able to ground launch with you?

Dan

Old September 24th 12, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've emailed over a week ago to two addresses on the LVVS website and gotten no response so I'll post my questions he My wife and I plan to bring my LAK-17a to Roach Dry lake for the ground launch activities and I want to know if there are any special requirements to participate. I'm ground launch qualified with both winch and auto tow. I'm also qualified to self launch (if I had one!) and aero tow. I'm an SSA member and fully insured and I hold a Diamond Badge. So... Will we be welcome and will I be able to ground launch with you? Dan "Uncle Fuzzy" wrote in message ... Excellent! I'll try to remember to update this thread if conditions change at Roach. Here's a map to the dry lake from the Jean airport. http://lvvsa.org/Pictures/Events/RoachDryLakeMapNew.jpg

You will absolutely be welcomed! You must be an SSA member, and pay the whopping $10.00 guest membership fee (per day). Auto tows will be $10.00 each, with aero tows available at current club (cheap!) rates. Bring sunscreen, lots of water or whatever you use to maintain hydration. I'm going out weekend after next to drive our line and check conditions. If we get significant rain, and the dry lake is un-usable, we'll camp at the airport and do aero tows.
Feel free to email me directly from here, or at griderpirateatyahoodotcom
Cheers,
Jim

Auto Towing the LVVSA G103 (YouTube video) jim wynhoff Soaring 0 May 26th 12 03:25 AM
Even Eagles Fall [email protected] Home Built 5 September 1st 06 06:27 AM
Katrina fall-out Jay Honeck Piloting 435 September 12th 05 02:21 PM
Bug Roach Accident Question D. Scott Seders Naval Aviation 8 March 22nd 05 10:46 PM
Free-Fall for 160,000 ft? Randy L. Simulators 18 September 29th 03 03:32 PM