Famous people in soaring

Old August 31st 12, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Famous people in soaring

While Neil Armstrong was one of the most famous glider pilots, he wasn't the only one.
Other famous people who where also glider pilots which I recall:
John Denver
Christopher Reeve (Superman)
Sully (Hudson landing pilot)

Others?

Ramy (just signing my name, not claiming to be famous ;-)
Old August 31st 12, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Clear

In article ,
Ramy wrote:
While Neil Armstrong was one of the most famous glider pilots, he wasn't
the only one.
Other famous people who where also glider pilots which I recall:
John Denver
Christopher Reeve (Superman)
Sully (Hudson landing pilot)

Others?

Bob Pearson (Gimli Glider)

John, not famous
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old August 31st 12, 09:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ppp1

Steve Morse from Deep Purple. He owns Pik-20e and has a private
airstrip in his house.

Old August 31st 12, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pasi Pulkkinen

I think he is cousin of King of Spain, Alvaro De Orleans-Bourbon flies
with his new ASH-31. Seen in many contest around the world.

Old August 31st 12, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You'll find a long list he

http://www.volavoile.net/index.php?showtopic=6404

(commentary in French)

Old August 31st 12, 01:27 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Cliff Robertson

Walt (Legendary Citrus County Fair, Pie Eating Champion)
Old August 31st 12, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Steve McQueen.

And one who is likely to be infamous when AF447 legal cases go to court – Bonin, the FO who allegedly held the airliner into a stall all the way from FL375 to hitting the sea, 228 souls all lost.

Chris N

Old August 31st 12, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Actually, the Pik was 2 gliders ago. Steve now flies a Pipistrel Sinus.

Bob

On 31 elo, 09:07, Ramy wrote:

While Neil Armstrong was one of the most famous glider pilots, he wasn't the only one.

Other famous people who where also glider pilots which I recall:

John Denver

Christopher Reeve (Superman)

Sully (Hudson landing pilot)

Others?

Ramy (just signing my name, not claiming to be famous ;-)

"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Laonork Owning 8 May 21st 12 05:56 AM
I think veedubber is famous.... Stealth Pilot[_3_] Home Built 5 November 9th 09 07:48 PM
"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Flyingmonk Piloting 11 May 17th 05 10:26 AM
Famous people Steven Barnes Piloting 24 December 3rd 04 02:54 PM
We're Famous Newps Piloting 2 June 1st 04 12:20 AM