Software available for testing and evaluation.

Old November 4th 05, 05:53 PM
Greg Siemon

Default Software available for testing and evaluation.

The system will download Terminal Procedures from National Aeronautical
Charting Office (NACO) and develop your own database of Instrument
Approaches, Airport Diagrams, SIDs and STARs, and Takeoff, Alternate and
Radar Minimums.

Every 28 days the system will automatically update your database with any
changes.

Review at: http://cmensys.com/trippack

Old November 4th 05, 08:35 PM
Mitty

Looks pretty slick.

1) I have SmartPlates. I'd be interested in your comments as to the
capabilities of the two products.

2) Economics? Do you plan to sell the product, sell update services, etc.?
Freeware is nice, but people have to eat and that tends to make freeware
programs into orphans.

Old November 5th 05, 12:49 PM
Randy

Looks really neat but I've not been able to download it yet...problems
with a server somewhere I guess.

Old November 6th 05, 10:20 AM
KDB KDB is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Siemon
The system will download Terminal Procedures from National Aeronautical
Charting Office (NACO) and develop your own database of Instrument
Approaches, Airport Diagrams, SIDs and STARs, and Takeoff, Alternate and
Radar Minimums.

Every 28 days the system will automatically update your database with any
changes.

Review at: http://cmensys.com/trippack
Link will not open using IE or firefox for me.
Old November 6th 05, 04:33 PM
Randy

I got it to work...had to reboot the pc after install. Neat thing to
have; I'll play with it for a couple of days and give an evaluation.

Old November 6th 05, 04:37 PM
Greg Siemon

"Mitty" wrote in message
Looks pretty slick.

1) I have SmartPlates. I'd be interested in your comments as to the
capabilities of the two products.

Both do about the same thing. I think they use their own server to download
the plates while I use the NACO server to download from.

2) Economics? Do you plan to sell the product, sell update services,
etc.? Freeware is nice, but people have to eat and that tends to make
freeware programs into orphans.

Would not sell update service. If I can generate some interest would like
to get something for my efforts, I am thinking about half of SmartPlates.

Old November 6th 05, 04:47 PM
Greg Siemon

Curious why you had the reboot. What were the symptoms?
What version of Windows?

If you could forward any evaluation to me that will help, In Help menu
click E-Mail

Thanks
Greg

oups.com...

Old November 6th 05, 04:50 PM
Greg Siemon

Strange why link did not work.

Try:
http://www.cmensys.com/trippack/index.htm

Greg

--
KDB

Old November 8th 05, 02:28 AM
Mitty

On 11/6/2005 10:37 AM, Greg Siemon wrote the following:
"Mitty" wrote in message

Looks pretty slick.

1) I have SmartPlates. I'd be interested in your comments as to the
capabilities of the two products.

Both do about the same thing. I think they use their own server to download
the plates while I use the NACO server to download from.

Yes, their package can either download from NACO or "compressed" files from
their own server. I bought, thinking this meant that I didn't have to rely on
them -- in the event they went paws up I could just go to NACO. But this does
not appear to be the case, as there is some kind of database that downloads from
their server to manage the updating. So probably if they go down, the software
is dead. (Not that I have any reason to believe they have specific problems, it
is just the nature of small software companies to die sudden and early deaths.)

2) Economics? Do you plan to sell the product, sell update services,
etc.? Freeware is nice, but people have to eat and that tends to make
freeware programs into orphans.

Would not sell update service. If I can generate some interest would like
to get something for my efforts, I am thinking about half of SmartPlates.

Sounds pretty reasonable, especially of the buy is totally independent of you to
get plates once the software is purchased.