Remarkable I-95 Crash Survivor Video

Old October 4th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Remarkable I-95 Crash Survivor Video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21072168/

Maybe this has already been discussed here, but I think it's just
amazing how this guy survived.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 4th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

I had not seen that.. thanks Jay..

I have seen similar misses.. or near misses.. supposed to be on a plane and
get a crew swap or turned around for some reason..
only to watch an accident happen that you were supposed to be on the plane.

When it's your day.. nothing you can do will change it..
When it's not your day.. it's not

BT

ups.com...

Old October 4th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in news:1191465985.643288.149190
@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21072168/

Maybe this has already been discussed here, but I think it's just
amazing how this guy survived.
--

Surprised he didn't make it. The Twin Beech has a reasonable SE climb on
one though i wouldn't care to lose one just on the runway. Even overlaoded

Bertie
Old October 4th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Wow, someone was watching over that guy! I can't believe that everything
around him was gone and he's sitting there in one piece. Truly unbelievable.

Thanks Jay.

Marco

ups.com...

Old October 5th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Wow, someone was watching over that guy! I can't believe that everything
around him was gone and he's sitting there in one piece. Truly unbelievable.

Yeah, that video is remarkable. The guy looks like he's sitting on
the seat out of our airplane after I've removed it for the annual
inspection.

But instead of being in my A&P's hangar, he's sitting -- conscious --
in the median strip of I-95, with nothing -- NOTHING! -- left of his
airplane.

He's got a broken arm, a broken leg, and some cuts. That's it?
Friggin' amazing...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 5th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 4, 8:48 pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
Wow, someone was watching over that guy! I can't believe that everything
around him was gone and he's sitting there in one piece. Truly unbelievable.

Yeah, that video is remarkable. The guy looks like he's sitting on
the seat out of our airplane after I've removed it for the annual
inspection.

But instead of being in my A&P's hangar, he's sitting -- conscious --
in the median strip of I-95, with nothing -- NOTHING! -- left of his
airplane.

He's got a broken arm, a broken leg, and some cuts. That's it?
Friggin' amazing...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Ever see the video of the teen that slid sideways into the back of a
semi truck at 120mph on the freeway while running from the cops? The
corvette he was in spun off the road and shredded, dumping him on his
butt by the side of the road, and the rotation of the car flung him
back so that he was practically stopped when he landed on the ground.
He was hurt, but survived it. This accident reminded me of that video.