Aerosport LH-10

Old December 18th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark

Default Aerosport LH-10

With the looks of a rocket, and speed ranges between 225mph tops
and 55mph to land, Im thinking this is the plane I want. Going cross
country on mpgs better than my truck and in triple time. They say
its a trainer too with a first class view.

But I'm still not sure what the drive out price is. The monetary
exchange rate of us dollars to english pound puts the dollar up
by about 30 cents. Got any idea what a close ball park is?
Is it about 70k?

And, a lot of kit planes end up under dusty tarps unfinished too.
Do people ever go to "kit build" facilities and pay someone else
to do it? Or at least get team support.

It'd be nice if the price is about 39k. I'm ready to order.

Old December 18th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard[_8_]

Mark wrote:
With the looks of a rocket, and speed ranges between 225mph tops
and 55mph to land, Im thinking this is the plane I want. Going cross
country on mpgs better than my truck and in triple time. They say
its a trainer too with a first class view.

But I'm still not sure what the drive out price is. The monetary
exchange rate of us dollars to english pound puts the dollar up
by about 30 cents. Got any idea what a close ball park is?
Is it about 70k?

And, a lot of kit planes end up under dusty tarps unfinished too.
Do people ever go to "kit build" facilities and pay someone else
to do it? Or at least get team support.

It'd be nice if the price is about 39k. I'm ready to order.

On 50 or 55 sq st of wing?

http://www.aero-news.net/FullsizeIma...a-659ee8fcfd71

http://www.lhaviation.com/site_frame...ugh2008_en.htm

Old December 18th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 18, 1:20*pm, Richard wrote:

On 50 or 55 sq st of wing?

The tarp can be that much smaller.
Old December 19th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Mark wrote:

Do people ever go to "kit build" facilities and pay someone else
to do it?

Sure they do. And it is asshats like that that has the FAA looking at
screwing up the homebuilt rules.
Old December 19th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark

On Dec 19, 12:11*pm, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Mark wrote:
Do people ever go to "kit build" facilities and pay someone else
to do it? *

Sure they do. And it is asshats like that that has the FAA looking at
screwing up the homebuilt rules.

You can't reasonably fault anyone for not wanting to do the build.
Some
people don't have the time or interest. If they didn't have to come
across
the ocean in a box, it would be a mute point here. Although
personally,
I will scrutinize every detail and facet daily.

You can't fault the FAA for wanting to regulate a homespun industry
that may produce either flying beauties, or death machines. Its
inevitable the somewhere, sometime, a garage full of rednecks
will try to make a buck, the consequences unimportant.

All that having been said, I guess Its gonna take a phone call
to England to get my question answered, ie, what does an
LH-10 cost?

Old December 19th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

"Mark" wrote in message
All that having been said, I guess Its gonna take a phone call
to England to get my question answered, ie, what does an
LH-10 cost?

If you can live with their an$wer, then your next question should be "where
can I fly one"? If the answer is "nowhere", I earnestly suggest that you take a
walk. One should not need to buy a kit and then build it to find out if the
reality of the machine matches the sales literature.

Vaughn

Old December 19th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 19, 10:09*am, Mark wrote:

You can't reasonably fault anyone for not
wanting to do the build...

True enough.

But you can certainly fault anybody who doesn't do the build yet
certifies that the major portion of the aircraft was constructed for
the purposes of education and entertainment when that is in fact not
the case. They are lying in order to take advantage of regulations
specifically designed to encourage experimentation, resourcefulness,
and innovation. Defend them how you will, they are still lying.

Those who want specialized high performance aircraft but don't want to
build them themselves still have many options. They can buy used and
already-certificated amateur-built experimentals, or they can buy type
certificated aircraft. They can also certify their non-homebuilts in
the racing, exhibition, R&D, market survey, or production prototype
sub-categories of Experimental, and accept the corresponding operating
restrictions. They do not need to fraudulently obtain Amateur-built,
Exmerimental certification, and homebuilt aircraft enthusiasts do not
need them.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old December 19th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark

On Dec 19, 2:41*pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

All that having been said, I guess Its gonna take a phone call
to England to get my question answered, ie, what does an
LH-10 cost?

* *If you can live with their an$wer, then your next question should be "where
can I fly one"? *If the answer is "nowhere", I earnestly suggest that you take a
walk. *One should not need to buy a kit and then build it to find out if the
reality of the machine matches the sales literature.

Vaughn

True. My policy always has been:

No one gets a penny until all the variables pass muster.

Mark
Old December 19th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark

On Dec 19, 2:51*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Dec 19, 10:09*am, Mark wrote:

You can't reasonably fault anyone for not
wanting to do the build...

True enough.

But you can certainly fault anybody who doesn't do the build yet
certifies that the major portion of the aircraft was constructed for
the purposes of education and entertainment when that is in fact not
the case.

That indeed would be a narrow category of intention. Acquisition of
transportation is my objective.

They are lying in order to take advantage of regulations
specifically designed to encourage experimentation, resourcefulness,
and innovation. Defend them how you will, they are still lying.

I see what you're saying. I only have disdain for manipulators of
any sort.

Those who want specialized high performance aircraft but don't want to
build them themselves still have many options. They can buy used and
already-certificated amateur-built experimentals, or they can buy type
certificated aircraft.

The LH-10 is too new to find a preowned. Now, I understand they are
having
luck getting certification in England and France. But it certainly
isn't a
transcontinental bird.

They can also certify their non-homebuilts in
the racing, exhibition, R&D, market survey, or production prototype
sub-categories of Experimental, and accept the corresponding operating
restrictions.

It probably will class as Experimental. The cool thing about this
craft is
that it would have very practical uses. Its range is 1000 miles. It
has
been designated as the most ecological plane in its "class" too, both
with regard to fuel/speed efficiency, and low noise levels.

They do not need to fraudulently obtain Amateur-built,
Exmerimental certification, and homebuilt aircraft enthusiasts do not
need them.

Fradulence doesn't work for me. I think I'm looking for a
certification
that encompasses the realm of professional small craft manufacturers.
I began looking into all this because oddly enough, I located a
manufacturing facility nearby that promotes owner builds of their
2 particular models, and think they would help me with the LH-10.
I'm not up to date on all the various red tape with such an endeavor.

Mark

Thanks, Bob K.

Old December 19th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Mark wrote:

You can't reasonably fault anyone for not wanting to do the build.
Some
people don't have the time or interest. If they didn't have to come
across
the ocean in a box, it would be a mute point here. Although
personally,
I will scrutinize every detail and facet daily.

Yes I can fault someone who wants to break the law in such a way that it
negatively effects my rights under the law that has worked for years.

For those that don't want to build buy used or by certified just don't
screw things up for the rest of us.