What's your avorite airliner?

Old June 15th 04, 03:22 AM
james_anatidae

Default What's your avorite airliner?

In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to be
quite pleasant.

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you others
please don't encourage them.)

--
"I'll find Fry's coffin, get his corpse and keep it under my mattress to
remind me that he's really dead. That'll prove I'm not insane!"

Goliath & Wildwing's Storage Room
http://anatidae.homestead.com/

Old June 15th 04, 03:31 AM
MMB

B757, not really sure why but I think it is just the way it looks. It looks
like a true airliner, high off the ground sleek lines, can fly in and out of
most airports and it can go the distance.

Old June 15th 04, 03:57 AM
Miss L. Toe

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you others
please don't encourage them.)

It's my party and I'll troll if I want to...

Old June 15th 04, 04:43 AM
Treb

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"?

Without question, sitting in Business Class on an Airbus 340. Love the plane
and feel it has the most comfortable seat in business class in the industry.

Treb

Old June 15th 04, 05:00 AM
Ender

james_anatidae wrote:
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to be
quite pleasant.

Westjet's 737-700's are pretty nice.

I can't get over the magnitude of the 747 though. Was only ever on one
once when I was 6, but I'll never forget it. That was back in the fun
days when they let you check out the cockpit.

727's too. So loud

If there's any airline pilots ret'd or otherwise who read this stuff
know that one of those kids you showed around up there is following in
your footsteps.
Old June 15th 04, 09:52 AM
Howard Long

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to

be
quite pleasant.

I guess it depends what your criteria are...

Long haul economy - B767 (because of seating)
Long haul business - B747 upstairs (quiet and only 12 seats in the few
remaining small bubbles)
Long haul first - A340-500 Emirates
Short haul economy - A320/A319 (seem slightly more spacious the 737)
Short haul business/first - Delta B767 (a very few transcontinental US
routes using business elite cabins provide very generous seating)

Regards, Howard

Old June 15th 04, 10:11 AM
Thur

"Treb" wrote news:afuzc.720659$Pk3.464021@pd7tw1no...
"james_anatidae" wrote ...
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"?

Without question, sitting in Business Class on an Airbus 340. Love the

plane
and feel it has the most comfortable seat in business class in the

industry.

That second part of your comment depends on the airline and is of no
relation with the aircraft used. So you'd probably like to add the airline
which Business Class product you enjoyed.
Greetz,

*I heard the A340 is very quiet*

Old June 15th 04, 10:13 AM
Thur

"james_anatidae" wrote ...
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"?

My last few flights were with an MD-11 (of KLM). I sat rather in the back
and the sound of the engines (and evern more of the tail engine) is great.
Hearing an engine spool up and give all power is magnificent.
Greetz,

*last flights were in 2002 :-(*

Old June 15th 04, 02:34 PM
Kevin Rhodes

In article , "james_anatidae" wrote:
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to be
quite pleasant.

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you others
please don't encourage them.)

RJ-85 as flown by NW Airlink (Mesaba). Very cool looking plane, has GREAT
first class seats and the best coach seats of any plane I have ever been on.
Mesaba has them configured 3-2 instead of the 3-3 common in Europe, so nice
wide seats and plent of legroom. And they makes some seriously wierd noises as
the flaps go in and out! :-) Only downside is they are slooooow. Westbound
into the winter wind PWM-DTW it would almost be faster to get out and walk....

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine