Help with LX7000 pro IGC

Old April 4th 16, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Help with LX7000 pro IGC

Hello All,

I have been unable to load my LX7000 pro IGC which came in my new
glider. I have a serial cable and a Windows Vista computer and have
been able to establish contact between the two, but I have not been able
to upload airspace or turnpoint files to the computer. I have sent the
following to LX Navigation as I've read here that they are very
responsive, but this group is also responsive so I'm asking for help.

To LX Navigation

I just bought a glider with an LX7000 pro IGC system and I received no
software or instructions with the instrument. I have downloaded LXe and
LXas Browser and the USA Airspace and Turnpoints from your website. So
far, I have been unable to load any data into the 7000 using the DIN
serial cable and a Windows Vista computer.

When I try to run LXE I get the following:

Warning!

LXE... can't be run while database is not installed!
Install Airspace & Airports database!
the latest DB on HTTP://www.lxnavigation.si/database.htm

I have downloaded USA.af and USA-C15.CUB and I have these databases in
the same folder as LXE. Do I need other programs which are not
downloaded from your website? The LXE manual refers to a CDROM. Can
that be downloaded? Until I get these programs all to work together and
load data into my flight computer, it is of no use for soaring other
than the variometer, which works very nicely!

So, can anyone on RAS enlighten me as to what I'm missing?

--
Dan, 5J

Old April 4th 16, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dan,

The error message below means that you haven’t installed the database that is tied to LXe. The latest one is from 2009 – unfortunately. You run the install program from the link below after installing LXe.
http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...77/usa_L09.exe

Once you get LXe running it is possible to use their LXAsBrowser to create new airspace files. It is not easy, but I have created many of them for customers. You use LXe to transfer the airspace file to the LX7000.

Unfortunately, .cub file created for and with SeeYou can’t be used in the LX7000. Only LXAsBrowser can create the files. It is available he
http://www.lxnavigation.com/software/

Give me a call sometime and we can setup a support session. I can help you get it working.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Dan Marotta" wrote in message ...
Hello All,

I have been unable to load my LX7000 pro IGC which came in my new glider. I have a serial cable and a Windows Vista computer and have been able to establish contact between the two, but I have not been able to upload airspace or turnpoint files to the computer. I have sent the following to LX Navigation as I've read here that they are very responsive, but this group is also responsive so I'm asking for help.

To LX Navigation

I just bought a glider with an LX7000 pro IGC system and I received no software or instructions with the instrument. I have downloaded LXe and LXas Browser and the USA Airspace and Turnpoints from your website. So far, I have been unable to load any data into the 7000 using the DIN serial cable and a Windows Vista computer.

Old April 5th 16, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks, Paul.

I'll try your suggestions and give you a call if I'm still unsuccessful.

Dan

Old January 24th 20, 02:09 PM
Martin DG100 Martin DG100 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Remde View Post
[...]

Hello Paul,
I am faced with the problem that I am unable to generate airspace files for my LX7000. The basis is airspace data in open air format. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to open the data in the LXasbrowser. Do you have a hint for me, what I have to consider to open the data in the LXasbrowser?

Best Regards,
Martin

Last edited by Martin DG100 : January 24th 20 at 07:56 PM.

LX7000 igc-Pro altitude reading Heinz Soaring 3 May 1st 11 10:58 PM
Wanted: LX7000, LX7007 or LX8000 Erich Soaring 1 September 21st 09 04:42 PM
Wanted LX7000 or LX7007 Erich Soaring 1 December 24th 08 01:58 PM
LX7000 with 302 experience Tuno Soaring 0 March 12th 07 04:52 PM
SeeYou to LX7000 Waypoint Task Files Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 1 May 28th 05 12:22 AM