High Wing or Low Wing

Old January 18th 04, 12:15 PM
James R. Freeman

Canard based. Best of both worlds.

"Bob Babcock" wrote in message
om...
I thought I would throw out this old debate question to get peoples
personal experiences and reasons for preferences? Thanks

Old January 18th 04, 12:59 PM
RU ok

Kevin Horton wrote:

If you are just going to fly around like you drive a car - i.e. drone from
one place to another, then it probably doesn't make any practical
difference whether you have a high wing or low wing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you're driving around like a car, something like a Cessna Cardinal
is the ticket.... especially for the skirted lady passengers. Low to
the ground, big doors for ease of entry and exit and the view is
quite good with no strut to mess with. Front seat view is remarkable
for a high wing, as well, being that one sits quite a bit forward of
the leading edge of the wing... as I remember from

Barnyard BOb

Old January 18th 04, 07:31 PM
tomcat

A high wing is nice when you tie down in the rain and great shade while you
watch the show. Cessna 140 and 177 were great for us. Of course, the only
way to go with floats.

Old January 18th 04, 11:35 PM

tomcat wrote:
: A high wing is nice when you tie down in the rain and great shade while you
: watch the show. Cessna 140 and 177 were great for us. Of course, the only
: way to go with floats.

Only *practical* way to go with floats. Looking through the TCDS
for my Cherokee, I ran across the obscure model PA-28S-160 and
PA-28S-180.... A hershey-bar cherokee on floats. I managed to find a
picture of one... funky.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Old January 18th 04, 11:55 PM
Vaughn

wrote in message
tomcat wrote:
: A high wing is nice when you tie down in the rain and great shade while

you
: watch the show. Cessna 140 and 177 were great for us. Of course, the

only
: way to go with floats.

Only *practical* way to go with floats. Looking through the TCDS
for my Cherokee, I ran across the obscure model PA-28S-160 and
PA-28S-180.... A hershey-bar cherokee on floats. I managed to find a
picture of one... funky.

We also had a DC-3 on floats in the area a couple years ago. On dry
land, you could easily drive an SUV under it.

Vaughn

Old January 19th 04, 01:17 AM
plumb bob

"Bob Babcock" wrote in message
om...
I thought I would throw out this old debate question to get peoples
personal experiences and reasons for preferences? Thanks

Question: High wing or low wing?
Answer: Yes.

Old January 21st 04, 10:44 PM
Wright1902Glider

Both... and a canard... everyone should have a canard biplane, Wright?

Harry "more hip-cradle bruises" Frey
Old January 23rd 04, 01:34 AM
Bob Martin

Try an RV-6 on floats... http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/amphib.htm