Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old April 27th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
No, it _might_ not have happened. We will never know, won't we.

If you think the French would have been able to drive the Germans out
of France w/o the U.S. you have a very odd understanding of history.

The US would never have been able to drive the Germans out of France without
French help.

Old April 27th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
"Roger" wrote in message

Why transport the hydrogen? Just produce it electrolytically at every gas
station.

And most of the country is going to get the electricity to do this
from where?

Nuclear and hydroelectric.

Nuclear is exactly where the power should come from to produce the hydrogen.

Old April 27th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Yeah, there's also sort of spin on this one. When it's all said and done
there's only one fact that remains standing. The US lost.

"LWG" wrote in message
There were only three battles the US lost in Vietnam: the battle for CBS,
the battle for NBC and the battle for ABC.

No, it _might_ not have happened. We will never know, won't we. After
all, the Vietnamese kicked the living crap out of the US and out of their
country altogether a mere 30 years later, did they not?

Old April 27th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

If you think the French would have been able to drive the Germans out
of France w/o the U.S. you have a very odd understanding of history.

The US would never have been able to drive the Germans out of France without
French help.

ROTFLMAO

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US help?

You need to learn the difference between "necessary" and "useful"

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old April 28th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

500 broken, 2000 overcast....

Old April 28th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:11:48 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message
.. .
My question is always:
If not for Global Warming (capitalized because it's now a religion)
...wouldn't we be locked in one of Earth's many Ice Ages, still?

There is a problem with the figures though. Research is showing that
the CO2 llevels are far higher than they have been during any warm
periods they can measure. I believe it is almost double what it
should be for a peak and it's the highest they've measured going back
nearly a half million years. They are coming up with some pretty
concrete figures as far as the excess CO2 and correlating it with the
temperature rise.

Professor Richard S. Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology,
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, would be surprised
to hear that.

I think his is one of the few dissenting voices.

http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen.htm (Page down to publications)

Which publication? I found pages of the things.:-))

Like many things you will be able to find creditable scientists
supporting opposing views.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old April 28th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Roger" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:11:48 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

His is about the only one (along with the folks at SEPP) that actually show
data, rather than conjecture.

Also, aside from "consenus" being a political term, not a scientific one,
have you every seen ANYbracnh of science that had 100% "consensus"?

Stink meter just peaked!

http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen.htm (Page down to publications)

Which publication? I found pages of the things.:-))

1) "Understanding Common Climate Claims"

and 2) Statement Concerning Global Warming

Like many things you will be able to find creditable scientists
supporting opposing views.

Such as? Do you mean the credible scientists that have been found to have
faked massive points of data, falsified reports...?

Did you catch the several THOUSAND _CLIMATOLOGISTS_ that signed the (Oregon
IIRC) Petition?

Not politicians, not academic "researchers" on government grants,
CLIMATOLOGISTS?

Check if here http://www.sepp.org

Old April 28th 06, 08:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article , Martin Hotze
wrote:

The US would never have been able to drive the Germans out of France
without
French help.

ROTFLMAO

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US help?

IMHO this is not implied with the above statement.

It does in the context of the thread. Earlier Juan claimed that
"it _might_ not have happened." And even claimed that it was
"arrogant" to make such statements.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old May 1st 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

If you think the French would have been able to drive the Germans out
of France w/o the U.S. you have a very odd understanding of history.

The US would never have been able to drive the Germans out of France
without
French help.

ROTFLMAO

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US
help?

No, what I think is that you need to take remedial reading lessons.

Do you know the meaning of the word "allies"?

Old May 1st 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article , Martin Hotze

wrote:

The US would never have been able to drive the Germans out of France
without
French help.

ROTFLMAO

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US
help?

IMHO this is not implied with the above statement.

It does in the context of the thread. Earlier Juan claimed that
"it _might_ not have happened." And even claimed that it was
"arrogant" to make such statements.

See what I mean? You can't read. I didn't "claim." I _stated_.

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 10:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM