Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old May 1st 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

It does in the context of the thread. Earlier Juan claimed that
"it _might_ not have happened." And even claimed that it was
"arrogant" to make such statements.

See what I mean? You can't read. I didn't "claim." I _stated_.

"claim" - to assert in the face of possible contradiction

"state" - to express in words

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old May 1st 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US
help?

No

Then why did you claim that it might have happened without US help?

Do you know the meaning of the word "allies"?

Do _you_ know the difference between "necessary" and "useful"?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old May 1st 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US help?
You need to learn the difference between "necessary" and "useful"

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me." --- General George S. Patton

-Robert

Old May 1st 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

It does in the context of the thread. Earlier Juan claimed that
"it _might_ not have happened." And even claimed that it was
"arrogant" to make such statements.

See what I mean? You can't read. I didn't "claim." I _stated_.

"claim" - to assert in the face of possible contradiction

"state" - to express in words

Very good. You win a lollipop.

Old May 1st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US
help?

No

Then why did you claim that it might have happened without US help?

Because you can't prove otherwise. I can, however, prove beyond a shadow of
a doubt, from historical documentation, that without the help of the French
and particularly the help of the French resistance, not only would the US
not been able to get the Germans out of France, D-Day would have been a
disastrous massacre of biblical proportions.

That is why they were called ALLIES, and not "saviours".

Of course, you could also extend your argument to show that were it not for
the millions of russians, french, british, poles, czechs, danes, aussies and
other assorted nationalities, everyone from San Diego to Rhode Island would
be speaking German today, or perhaps Japanese....

Do you know the meaning of the word "allies"?

Do _you_ know the difference between "necessary" and "useful"?

Sure, this is an example that portion of revisionist history that appears to
be "necessary" to demonstrate how arrogantly ignorant some people can be.
This is "useful" precisely because it helps demonstrate the absurdity of
arrogant revisionist arguments such as the one that the only way for France
to be rid of the invading Germans was for the US to kick them out, and
without any help from the French at that.

If you need that in Spanish, let me know. g

BTW, is this almighty military of yours STILL looking for that one, single,
solitary six foot arab permanently tied to a dialysis machine? And does that
moron in the White House still claim "mission accomplished"?

Old May 1st 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
yet you think the french could have driven the Germans out without US
help?
You need to learn the difference between "necessary" and "useful"

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me." --- General George S. Patton

-Robert

"The work of the Resistance was the work of 15 divisions." --- Gen Dwight D.
Eisenhower (Gen. Patton's Boss.)

Old May 1st 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I can, however, prove beyond a shadow of
a doubt, from historical documentation, that without the help of the French
and particularly the help of the French resistance, not only would the US
not been able to get the Germans out of France, D-Day would have been a
disastrous massacre of biblical proportions.

I'll take you up on that. Start proving....

-Robert

Old May 1st 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"The work of the Resistance was the work of 15 divisions." --- Gen Dwight D.
Eisenhower (Gen. Patton's Boss.)

Yes, Eisenhower was quite skilled in politics, something Patton was not
skilled in. Guess which one would give you the straight poop?

-Robert

Old May 1st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"The work of the Resistance was the work of 15 divisions." --- Gen Dwight D.
Eisenhower (Gen. Patton's Boss.)

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an
accordion"

Old May 2nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article .com,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I can, however, prove beyond a shadow of
a doubt, from historical documentation, that without the help of the French
and particularly the help of the French resistance, not only would the US
not been able to get the Germans out of France, D-Day would have been a
disastrous massacre of biblical proportions.

I'll take you up on that. Start proving....

don't hold your breath...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 10:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM