All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Old January 27th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ted[_2_]

Default All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Hi Everyone,
All I wanted to try to do is attempt to find a flight aboard a 747 without
going to far to do so. I really didn't realize it would be such a battle to
go through to find one. Wow!! Ultimately a posting by a James Robinson
ended my search and HOPEFULLY will end the battles that I began and to my
fault, help a couple going. THANK YOU, James Robinson for your help and
understanding what I was requesting. I really did think this newsgroup
would have been a proper place to post my request but again, in my life of
many wrongs, I was wrong again.

Old January 27th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Ted wrote:
Hi Everyone,
All I wanted to try to do is attempt to find a flight aboard a 747 without
going to far to do so. I really didn't realize it would be such a battle to
go through to find one. Wow!! Ultimately a posting by a James Robinson
ended my search and HOPEFULLY will end the battles that I began and to my
fault, help a couple going. THANK YOU, James Robinson for your help and
understanding what I was requesting. I really did think this newsgroup
would have been a proper place to post my request but again, in my life of
many wrongs, I was wrong again.

I have to ask.

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747? First class is nice, but coach just
plain sucks. I've flown to Tokyo and London
in one and it was the least tolerable jetliner
I've ever flown in.

OTOH, if you can find a lightly loaded 727
with a pilot that's more concerned with putting
the earth behind him than mitigating noise,
well, that's an airplane. For the full experience
sit in the back between the three engines...

Old January 27th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On Jan 28, 9:06*am, "Ted" TBBlakeley@comcastDOTnet wrote:
Hi Everyone,
All I wanted to try to do is attempt to find a flight aboard a 747 without
going to far to do so. *I really didn't realize it would be such a battle to
go through to find one. *Wow!! *Ultimately a posting by a James Robinson
ended my search and HOPEFULLY will end the battles that I began and to my
fault, help a couple going. *THANK YOU, James Robinson for your help and
understanding what I was requesting. * I really did think this newsgroup
would have been a proper place to post my request but again, in my life of
many wrongs, I was wrong again.

Chill out there Ted, its only a battle if you want it to be. there
probably are better groups to post such a question, but it was SORT
OF aviation related so I dont think there was any big deal about
posting the question here. But if you are going to ask a question
that is sort of flying related dont get so upset if people only SORT
of answer the exact question you asked ( or as will quite often happen
on Usenet , not answer it all or totally change the subject). In this
life you usually get what you pay for and anything else is a bonus.
How much did these answers cost you? I for one was being a bit
tongue in cheek about my G Dubbya comments. It might ( or might not)
surpise you but there is a bit of stereotypical view of Americans
around the world that they dont like to get out of their own country
much, and the way you posed the question kind of played to that
stereotype, even though for all I know you may be quite a travelled
man. I hope you dont take offence to this either, I am an Australian
myself and I know you guys probably have some stereotypical views of
Aussies that may or may not be accurate. ( like drinking beer for
breakfast - ok that one is true but ....)
Terry
PPL Downunder

Old January 27th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Stewart writes:

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747?

Because it's nicer than flying in a smaller aircraft.
Old January 27th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jim Stewart writes:

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747?

Because it's nicer than flying in a smaller aircraft.

No, it isn't fjukktard.

Bertie
Old January 27th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jim Stewart writes:

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747?

Because it's nicer than flying in a smaller aircraft.

Don't quote my posts out of context.
Old January 27th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Jim Stewart wrote:

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747? First class is nice, but coach just
plain sucks.

Exactly what I was thinking! First class front rows have some really unique
views, but other than that, what the hells the difference?
Unless you're at a window seat in back and counting engines... Oh well...

Old January 28th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marty Shapiro

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Ted wrote:
[...]

Jim -

The old 747's (when they were 2-4-3 in coach and 36 inch pitch was still
standard in international coach) were much nicer to fly in, especially with
the piano lounge in the rear. Those days are long gone.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old January 28th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You don't know **** from Shinola.

Old January 28th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Because it's nicer than flying in a smaller aircraft.

You on drugs, boy?

Wanted ASW 20 Bruno Soaring 1 May 25th 05 11:10 PM
WANTED GPS OSKI 3 Owning 1 December 1st 04 04:17 PM
Wanted: One man rig Rich Chesser Soaring 0 August 13th 04 12:36 PM
Wanted: ASW-20, ASW-17 Dan Bourgeois Soaring 0 August 11th 04 06:49 PM
wanted to buy Cy Galley Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 03 04:14 AM