Real World Problem in FS9

Old November 30th 03, 08:51 PM
The Real Cali Kid

Default Real World Problem in FS9

I have not been able to download real world weather in FS9 for the last
week. Has anyone else experiences this problem? I'm wondering if it could
be something within my system. I'm using Zone Alarms firewall, and I've
never had this problem before.

Any ideas or suggestions, or similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

Reggie

Old November 30th 03, 10:57 PM
Bill

What error message etc happens when you try to download the wx?
I have had no problems at all and I am also behind a firewall although not
ZA
Bill

Old November 30th 03, 11:57 PM
The Real Cali Kid

Thanks for the reply, Bill. I don't get an error message at all. I simply
get the hourglass figure and it runs forever. Last time, it ran for 30
minutes before I did the control/alt/delete button and went to the task
manager and stopped the sim.

Reggie

.. .

Old December 1st 03, 12:09 AM
The Real Cali Kid

One other oddity, Bill. I have FS2K2 on the same drive, and it connects to
the weather server with no problems at all.

Reggie

.. .

Old December 1st 03, 08:43 AM
Bill

If 2002 connects then I cant figure out 2004. Very strange indeed
Is there a way you can open ZA and see if the 2004 exe is blocked and then
give it permission? Its a different exe so maybe ZA is blocking it and not
asking for permission to let it through.

Maybe someone else will have an idea.

good luck

One other oddity, Bill. I have FS2K2 on the same drive, and it connects

the weather server with no problems at all.

Reggie

.. .

Old December 1st 03, 09:00 AM
Carl Frisk

I ran into this problem after updating to Zone Alarm 4.0.530. I uninstalled
an put on ZA 4.0.123.12 and no problem.
Before downgrading turning off ZA would let Real Weather work every.

--
.... Carl Frisk

Old December 1st 03, 10:25 PM
Dashi

Yes the problem is Zone Alarm 4.0.530, real weather will hang every time,
disable Zone Alarm and it works.

To report the problem you have to jump through some hoops because they
direct complaints to their internet forum, where you have to register,
supply a lot of personal information and so on.

I'll just switch to a different personal firewall instead of dealing with
the hassle.

Dashi

Old December 2nd 03, 07:49 AM
The Real Cali Kid

Thanks, Carl, and everyone for your assistance. Unfortunately, I can't find
an older version of ZA. I went to their website and couldn't locate one.
Worse, I had to manually uninstall the program in order to experiment with
another firewall.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Reggie

Old December 3rd 03, 06:58 AM
Carl Frisk

Yeah I ran into the same hassle trying to report it. If it's not fixed when
my free 30 day trial of the older version is done I'm going to switch to
another firewall. As far as I am aware ZA is still unaware of the problem.

--
.... Carl Frisk

Old December 3rd 03, 08:32 AM
Dashi

A person on another newsgroup reported that by deleting FS2004 out of the
programs monitored by ZA, that FS9 real world weather worked.

I had already deleted ZA so I don't know if that will work but you might try
it and see.

Dashi