peak oil-kyoto protocol and soaring

Old March 10th 05, 03:01 AM
Brad

Default peak oil-kyoto protocol and soaring

Is there any correlation between all these subjects? Or can we
blissfully soar away the next few decades?

And I'm talking about all of us, not just the wealthy who don't seem to
mind paying more for fuel.

Brad

Old March 10th 05, 03:15 AM
Bill Daniels

"Brad" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there any correlation between all these subjects? Or can we
blissfully soar away the next few decades?

And I'm talking about all of us, not just the wealthy who don't seem to
mind paying more for fuel.

Brad

My guess is that when towplane fuel tops $5.00US a gallon (100LL avgas is
$5.00/gal in some parts of the USA now) and/or air tows top $75 for a 2000
foot tow, winches will get a closer look. A good diesel winch will use less
than 1/2 gallon for a 3000 foot launch.

When it hits $7.00 there will be lot of general aviation airports with VERY
little power traffic where a winch could be used.

Bill Daniels

Old March 10th 05, 03:39 AM
Brad

what about light weight low HP motorgliders? Will there be some sort of
law that bans recreational use of fuel burning engines?

Brad

Old March 10th 05, 04:00 AM
cloud nine

And we will have to ride our bikes to the airport. It will keep us in good
soaring condition!

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old March 10th 05, 11:16 AM
Slick

Well using more money to fuel our cars will take away money from our play
account. then the more you have to pay for a tow, the less you have to play
with. Here in the us we are just going to equalize with the rest of the
world. I'll fight it to the end, but it's still going to happen.
ups.com...

Old March 11th 05, 06:06 PM
Shawn

cloud nine wrote:
And we will have to ride our bikes to the airport. It will keep us in good
soaring condition!

Speak for yourself. I'm only 15 minutes away by bike (10 on the way
home-down hill).
:-)

Shawn
Old March 11th 05, 06:43 PM
Malcolm Austin

Well I'm sorry you will just have to do 3 circuits of the field before and
after flying to make up for being so close !!! :-)

Malcolm (75 miles from his site)