Wilbur On An Airplane

Old January 21st 18, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default Wilbur On An Airplane

In the Chile Grand Prix thread our good friend Sean Fidler (Wilbur) makes an impassioned plea he couldn’t possibly be Wilbur because he was on an airplane with several fellow soaring pilots when the latest Wilbur post appeared. Of course such protestations assume that 1) said pilots (if they exist - doubtful) were watching his computer at all times and 2) the flight did not have WiFi (unlikely).

It appears Sean (Wilbur) was a bit too smart for his own good. The post came from IP address 75.104.66.34. A quick lookup shows that IP points to Viasat Inc. which is the WiFi provider to a number of airlines. So Sean (Wilbur) managed to place himself at the “scene of the crime.”

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday by queuing up that “leaving on an airplane tune” and imagineing Sean (Wilbur) breaking down behind the keyboard as he’s once again foiled. Fidddlleee dee, fidddleee dumb!
Old January 21st 18, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 10:29:29 AM UTC-5, Kevin Christner wrote:
[...]

You need to get some professional help. You are obsessed with Sean. I would not be surprised if Wilbur were you. Find yourself something else to do. Maybe spend more time with your kids or take your wife to a dinner. Have a great weekend and enjoy life a bit.
Old January 21st 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Your continued defense of a bully despite repeated incontrovertible evidence is sickening. You should be ashamed.
Old January 21st 18, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 11:01:45 AM UTC-5, Kevin Christner wrote:
Your continued defense of a bully despite repeated incontrovertible evidence is sickening. You should be ashamed.

Did my post contain any defense? No! Please read before you post.
Old January 21st 18, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

On 1/21/2018 8:57 AM, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
Snip...

You need to get some professional help. You are obsessed with Sean. I would not be surprised if Wilbur were you. Find yourself something else to do. Maybe spend more time with your kids or take your wife to a dinner. Have a great weekend and enjoy life a bit.

Mercy, Andrzej! Have you arrived late to the party?

All my knowledge of Mr. S. Fidler and Mr. K. Christner has come via RAS, which
I've read fairly regularly for (gasp!) 20+ years. RAS was my initiation into
"general web discussions," which even back then had generally well-earned the
phrase, "Flame suit on..." And, over the years, pretty much with two
exceptions (PW-5, Lennie the Lurker), RAS proved gratifyingly free (to me,
anyway) of ad hominem "discourse." Regrettably - in my view - Mr. S. Fidler
has distinctly raised RAS's ad hominem bar, well beyond the level of the
"common playground bully," and among other things - perhaps you missed it -
seen fit to personally threaten Mr. K. Christner, apparently for no other
reason that I could detect than Mr. Fidler disagreed with Mr. Christner. A
paragon of civil society, Mr. S. Fidler on RAS has not been, regardless of how
passionate he is about soaring and how much he has done to promote both the
sport and his (and others') enjoyment of it...organizing, promoting and
creating two U.S. SGPs springing immediately to my mind.

Somewhere along my life's line I developed what I imagine is the ability
generally characterized as "critical thinking capacity." I can't turn it off,
in fact. One consequence is I routinely form my own
"informed-as-much-as-possible" opinions about situations and people and
behavior, etc., etc., etc. While on the one hand the soaring nut in me is
genuinely appreciative of Mr. S. Fidler's many promotional contributions to
the U.S. soaring scene, I find it impossible to overlook the mass of uncivil,
abusive, bullying, threatening "body of work" he's simultaneously contributed
to RAS. Judging from some comments from others on RAS, apparently others can,
and choose to, overlook the latter aspect of Mr. Fidler's behavior. I don't
find it surprising that someone personally targeted by Mr. S. Fidler calls the
man out. To *not* do so under similar circumstances would - in my view -
arguably be to condone such unacceptable behavior through silence. OK for
biblical Job maybe, but arguably not so good for civil society.

Respectfully,
Bob W.

---
http://www.avg.com

Old January 21st 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 12:12:11 PM UTC-5, Bob Whelan wrote:
[...]

Bob, well written post. I think however that there are limits to how long one responds to an attack that happened a long time ago. The fact that Kevin stays on the subject for such a long time and does not miss any opportunity to comment on Sean does not seem normal. We already heard many times from Kevin. He got his point across more than once. Sean would benefit from a bit of restraining as well. Anyway, we would all be better off if this forum became more professional.