LS-4 For Sale

Old February 1st 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS-4 For Sale

LS-4 FOR SALE:

1982 LS-4, ser. # 4209, N30RD, only 462.8 flight hours. NDH.
Standard category certified. Complete logs and manuals.
Blue tint canopy. Narrow panel for tall pilots.
Sage vario, Tasman, Dittel radio, -302A GPS/logger, iPaq 3950, GNII.
Rudder and horiz. tail/elevator refinished ’07.
New internal seals and external mylar seals all around.
Finish is darn near excellent with only minor crazing in a few typical
locations.
Completely wet sanded in ’03 with annual hard waxing and constant Wx/
Block.

Recently installed or replaced:

-Battery box (new battery)
-Boom mic.
-Electric wiring
-Gear struts
-Main tire and tube
-Pneumatic tubing (color coded)
-PTT switch
-Quiet vent
-Seat belts
-Seat cushions (astronaut foam)
-Sheepskin seat cover and headrest cover
-Speaker
-Tail wheel
-TEK TE probe
-Tip skids
-Tost release
-Wheel brake rebuilt
-Wing wheel

1982 Komet trailer (‘glass top), refinished ‘08, new axle/wheels/
tires, elec. brakes, LED tail lights.

This glider/trailer combo is immaculate and needs nothing. No
surprises!
$40,000 firm.
Serious inquiries contact: rcornay at gmail dot com (Georgia)

Old February 1st 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AK

On Feb 1, 10:54*am, wrote:
[...]

I saw this glider last year at Cordele (Region 5N). It indeed is in
perfect condition.

Ray, why are you selling your bird?
Old February 12th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 1, 10:59*am, AK wrote:
On Feb 1, 10:54*am, wrote:

LS-4 FOR SALE:

1982 LS-4, ser. # 4209, N30RD, only 462.8 flight hours. *NDH.
Standard category certified. *Complete logs and manuals.
Blue tint canopy. *Narrow panel for tall pilots.

What is the fit like in an LS-4 for a 6'2" 215 lb. pilot?

Jeff
Old February 12th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think the seller is taller than that. I don't see you having a
problem fitting in or being comfortable.

Charlie

Old February 12th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

On Feb 12, 10:10*am, wrote:
On Feb 1, 10:59*am, AK wrote:

What is the fit like in an LS-4 for a 6'2" 215 lb. pilot?

Jeff

Jeff -

I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs. I flew an LS-4 at Minden last year and found
the fit to be fine. LS gliders are a little narrower than some older
gliders; but the LS-3 and LS-4 cockpits are roomier than some of the
later models of LS aircraft. I found the ergonomics of the LS-4 to be
superior to the Discus/Ventus. In fact, I'd say that next to my
DG-300 I think the LS-4 had the best ergonomics out of the glider's
I've flown (which includes an SZD-55, Mini-Nimbus, Russia AC-4,
several Schweizers, Blaniks, G-103s, and more). My torso-to-leg ratio
seems to be a little different from folks; so some of these other
gliders I flew may fit folks better than they fit me - but in the end
i think the handling qualities combined with the decent ergonomics of
the LS-4 make it a great ship to own and fly.

Take care,

--Noel

Old February 12th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 12, 11:10*am, wrote:

What is the fit like in an LS-4 for a 6'2" 215 lb. pilot?

No one will be able to answer that. You have to try it yourself. You
won't believe how many people insisted I would fit in an SH A series
fuselage. I do not. The big issue with tall people fitting into
sailplanes is the relationship between torso length and leg length. 2
people of the same height and weight may have completely different
ability to fit a sailplane depending on torso/leg length and also on
mass distribution.

Andy
Old February 12th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

On Feb 12, 1:10*pm, wrote:
On Feb 1, 10:59*am, AK wrote:

On Feb 1, 10:54*am, wrote:

LS-4 FOR SALE:

1982 LS-4, ser. # 4209, N30RD, only 462.8 flight hours. *NDH.
Standard category certified. *Complete logs and manuals.
Blue tint canopy. *Narrow panel for tall pilots.

What is the fit like in an LS-4 for a 6'2" 215 lb. pilot?

Jeff

I'm 6' 3", 200lbs, and I flew my LS-4 (X3) for many years. It *was* a
tight fit, but do-able. My knees were high enough in the air so the
backs of my legs weren't supported, and over time, this caused
problems. At about age 58 or so, I started noticing that I had to
stand for a few seconds beside the glider before I could walk after a
long X-C.

The very best glider for a tall person is the Ventus 2bx with the
extended nose. I have one now, and it is *wonderful* ;-)

Regards,

Frank (TA)
Old February 13th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 12, 2:00*pm, Frank wrote:

The very best glider for a tall person is the Ventus 2bx with the
extended nose. *I have one now, and it is *wonderful* ;-)

Can you see the tailplane from you normal seated position, just by
turning your head?

Andy
Old February 13th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_2_]

Andy wrote:
On Feb 12, 2:00 pm, Frank wrote:

The very best glider for a tall person is the Ventus 2bx with the
extended nose. I have one now, and it is *wonderful* ;-)

Can you see the tailplane from you normal seated position, just by
turning your head?

Andy

Is there any glider that fits a tall person where you can do that?
Old February 13th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 13, 11:03*am, Greg Arnold wrote:
Andy wrote:
On Feb 12, 2:00 pm, Frank wrote:

The very best glider for a tall person is the Ventus 2bx with the
extended nose. *I have one now, and it is *wonderful* ;-)

Can you see the tailplane from you normal seated position, just by
turning your head?

Andy

Is there any glider that fits a tall person where you can do that?

Kestrel 19

LS-8/18 for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 March 28th 08 12:13 PM
L39 ZA for sale! Erik Wertheim Aviation Marketplace 2 September 26th 04 12:23 AM
Another Cub For Sale Newps Owning 1 June 6th 04 02:33 AM
For Sale samcgiltner Soaring 0 January 16th 04 12:39 AM
Twin Astir For Sale / Astir CS 77 for Sale DaveSpringford Soaring 0 December 5th 03 12:30 AM