newest, baddest F-16

Old March 8th 08, 04:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

Default newest, baddest F-16

This is a block 60 model F-16 made for the UAE. I really like the external
conformal fuel tanks!! Tom

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0147.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	23293
Old March 8th 08, 01:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill & Ange

what's on the side of it, electronics or something to do with the engine?

"Pensacola Beachcomber" wrote in
message ...

-----------------
-----------------
Old March 8th 08, 02:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Bill & Ange" wrote in message

"Pensacola Beachcomber" wrote in
message ...
This is a block 60 model F-16 made for the UAE. I really like the
external conformal fuel tanks!! Tom

what's on the side of it, electronics or something to do with the engine?

Do you mean that outgrowth in the yellow ellipse? That's a conformal fuel
tank, as PB mentioned.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0147.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	23294
Old March 8th 08, 02:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David Hartung[_2_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote:
"Bill & Ange" wrote in message

"Pensacola Beachcomber" wrote in
message ...
This is a block 60 model F-16 made for the UAE. I really like the
external conformal fuel tanks!! Tom

what's on the side of it, electronics or something to do with the engine?

Do you mean that outgrowth in the yellow ellipse? That's a conformal fuel
tank, as PB mentioned.

What doe the new auditions do to performance?
Old March 8th 08, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

If you are talking about the conformal fuel tanks I don't think they
interfere much with performance. The stuff I've seen in the papers about
the Israeli strike in Jordan was possible because of these fuel tanks (and
some really good electronic countermeasure packages).

I don't know what all of the external things are. The object on the lower
port side, with the golden window, looks like some kind of sensor. I hope
someone comments on it, Tom

"David Hartung" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 8th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

Thanks, now I need to link those explanations with a picture of each one.
Then I'll be able to write coherently and logically about the pictures I
post, Tom

"john smith" wrote in message
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/produc...rrentopts.html

Old March 11th 08, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Proton Fox

Anyone know what's mounted on the pylon that's attached to the inlet where
the green right side navagational light previously was? Laser/IR warning
sensor, maybe?

Newest version of OLC Mike Soaring 5 January 4th 07 03:25 AM
Your Newest CFI-G Slick Soaring 3 September 1st 06 12:35 AM
Newest Aircraft Carrier Evan Williams Naval Aviation 2 June 5th 04 01:00 PM
Newest member just squeaked through... Marty Ross Instrument Flight Rules 0 July 24th 03 07:13 AM