Plans Built Glider?

Old September 6th 03, 06:05 PM
Eggs

Default Plans Built Glider?

Hi folks, I hope this question isn't terribly redundant, but I am having a
heck of a time locating any sailplane plans. In the '70s they were
everywhere, but now that I have both the inclination and the facilities and
the resources, the only plans I find a

1) a 1929 Primary Glider
(http://webmail.talon.net/~bigpine/Pr...ider_Plans.htm)
2) the TST-3 Alpin T
(http://www.homebuilt.org/kits/bohemican/tst-3.html)
3) various open-cockpit and ultralight varieties.

I would like to build a classic sailplane. Wood construction would be fine
as I've been a woodworker for years. Since it has been so many years since I
last had this bug, I rather expected that technology would have made
building the slickest little fiberplastipolycarbon glider something that one
could do in one's dining room between meals. Alas, I have spent too many
hours online to have found so little. Am I looking in the wrong places? I
have joined EAA (but can't sign on yet) and have attempted to pay Kitplanes
to allow me to view thier list, but the website seems to be broken. Sigh.

Is my only option now to start scrounging for older, unpublished plans? I am
not opposed to that, but I was hoping to build with a company in the
background perhaps for particularly difficult parts and/or technical support
during the process.

Any help appreciated.

Curt

Old September 6th 03, 06:45 PM
Nolaminar

SHA and VSA have plans.
GA
Old September 6th 03, 07:46 PM
JJ Sinclair

Curt,
Don't know of any wooden plans or kits now on the market. You could advertise
on RAS for a Duster or Woodstock plans and or kit. I'm sure you will get a
responce. Cam Martin at has a line on several Dusters
and other goodies that are available. He may even sell you a ready to fly
Duster. It's the nicest one I've ever seen.
JJ Sinclair