Condor2, inbound on final glide!

Old February 16th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Condor2, inbound on final glide!

Hi,

It looks like I jumped the gun a little with my announcement below. Somehow I came to the conclusion that Condor2 was available for customers. It isn't quite available yet. I have received a license key for myself and installed Condor2 and it is working well. Uros at Condor says license keys for customers should be available very soon. I have received a number of pre-orders and will get keys to customers as soon as I receive them.

Quick Pre-Review
I like the new gliders in the new version (DuoDiscus, Gunau Baby, etc). I very much like that the user-interface is nearly identical to the previous version of Condor. There is no need to learn new screens or layouts. The settings are in the same locations - for the most part. The user-interface does look newer/better. I love the new details in the glider interiors and the more detailed scenery. I like that I can still bump up 1000 m with the "miracle" keyboard key and see thermals with the thermal helpers button - which is also the same key on the keyboard.

You can see many details and get the manual from the Condor web site, or my web site (link in post below).

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 10:31:27 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Condor Fans,

Condor2 details are now available he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/condor2.htm
Order Now!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_____________________________________

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 9:06:07 PM UTC-6, sisu1a wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CondorSim/

Condor2 is finally here/around the corner. The new site is up, the old forum imported to the new one, and the store is up (buy links not active yet but prices are there)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/?cn-reloaded=1#

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/ (old forum towards bottom, threads still active)

Yay!

Old February 16th 18, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 6:37:02 PM UTC, Dan Stroschine wrote:
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 9:55:32 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:
Chris, I'll ask again:

Is their any plan to make Condor 2 capable of supporting Virtual Reality (Vive or Rift)?

VR is a TOTAL game changer in flight simulation - it changes something like Condor from basically a procedural trainer (albeit an excellent one) to pretty close to a full-up flight simulator.

And compared to the cost of a big screen setup (especially a multi-screen setup) a good VR headset is cheap.

Head-tracking systems like Track-IR - or worse, using a hat switch or mouse to move your viewing direction - are handicaps for initial training - solved by the natural viewing habits learned in VR.

Please - consider adding VR capability as soon as possible!

Kirk
66

There was quite a bit of 'discussion' about that on the forums and I think the official answer was no there are no plans for VR, but they are open to considering it in the future.

That is not correct. We said its on todo list.
Old February 18th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 3:36:21 PM UTC-6, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
[...]

Chris, that's great to hear - and I appreciate what you are doing - so will be looking for Condor 2 VR enhancement "in two weeks" ;^)

Anyway, I'll be getting C2 for my daughter who is just starting to learn to fly gliders - only the best!

Cheers,

Kirk
Old February 18th 18, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I apologize if this was already asked and answered on this forum but is C2 going to allow for tandem flying? I requested this a few years ago and I personally know of at least a half dozen other folks who have formally requested the same.

This would be a HUGE help in training.
Old February 18th 18, 10:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 5:57:12 AM UTC, wrote:
I apologize if this was already asked and answered on this forum but is C2 going to allow for tandem flying? I requested this a few years ago and I personally know of at least a half dozen other folks who have formally requested the same.

This would be a HUGE help in training.

No, but thats on the list too.
Old February 18th 18, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

That is very, very high on my priority list too. The Condor2 team is aware that this feature would be extremely useful and popular.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 21st 18, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 7:06:07 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CondorSim/

Condor2 is finally here/around the corner. The new site is up, the old forum imported to the new one, and the store is up (buy links not active yet but prices are there)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/?cn-reloaded=1#

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/ (old forum towards bottom, threads still active)

Yay!

Available NOW!! ^_^

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/
Old February 21st 18, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Condor 2 is Available Now from Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://cumulus-soaring.com/condor2.htm

I received my first batch of Condor2 license keys just now. Customers who pre-ordered will receive their license keys and download link today.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 21st 18, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 3:36:27 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 7:06:07 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CondorSim/

Condor2 is finally here/around the corner. The new site is up, the old forum imported to the new one, and the store is up (buy links not active yet but prices are there)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/?cn-reloaded=1#

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/ (old forum towards bottom, threads still active)

Yay!

Available NOW!! ^_^

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/

Oh there goes the next few days...
Old February 21st 18, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Stroschine

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 4:57:12 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 3:36:27 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 7:06:07 PM UTC-8, sisu1a wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/CondorSim/

Condor2 is finally here/around the corner. The new site is up, the old forum imported to the new one, and the store is up (buy links not active yet but prices are there)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/?cn-reloaded=1#

http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/ (old forum towards bottom, threads still active)

Yay!

Available NOW!! ^_^

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order/

Oh there goes the next few days...

Is anyone else getting an error about the license code isn't in the database?

Clarence See....final glide Gregg Leslie[_2_] Soaring 2 December 27th 12 10:52 PM
Final glide ppp1 Soaring 8 January 6th 11 03:21 PM
Final Glide Roy Clark, \B6\ Soaring 1 December 23rd 10 05:45 PM
Final Glide - JD (US) Roy Clark, B6 Soaring 1 September 19th 07 07:17 AM
AC Williams -Final Glide [email protected] Soaring 4 January 23rd 06 05:52 AM