Iowa City Is On The Kitty Hawk Tour

Old November 18th 03, 10:11 PM
Jim Weir

Default Iowa City Is On The Kitty Hawk Tour

We're going to be hard-pressed to go far enough north to be in Iowa City on the
trip back to Kitty Hawk, but it is one of our targets on the way home. What
particular day depends on a lot of things (how long we stay with Gail's sister,
how long it takes us to "do" the Aerospace Museum, etc.) but we will be there.

The only hiccup I can see is that it may be closed for the holidays. How about
it, Jay, is there a "closed" day for the hotel during the week after Kitty Hawk?

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com
Old November 18th 03, 10:46 PM
Jay Honeck

"Closed"? Pshaw!

We're "24/7", man, just like a Seven Eleven -- 'cept we've got nicer hot
tubs...!

:-)

Let us know the date(s), and we'll put it together!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 18th 03, 11:15 PM
Michael 182

You know, I never posted on my visit to Iowa City last summer; I guess
better late than never. My 12 year old son and I stayed at Alexis Park Inn
in the Wright Bros. suite on our way east. The suite was great with truly
fantastic beds. Trevor was thrilled to have his own room at a hotel; never
happened to him before. Jay lent me the van so Trevor and I could head to
the local rec center and play basketball, and later shared a beer by the
pool. Located at a nice GA airport, free transportation, local rec center,
good beds, and a beer. What else could one ask for? Very nice visit - Alexis
Park Inn gets my five star rating.

Michael

Old November 19th 03, 03:13 AM
Montblack

Another pool party?

I'll bring my skates. Eh.

Post Kitty Hawk?
Pre Kitty Hawk?

--
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Let us know the date(s), and we'll put it together!

Old November 19th 03, 02:12 PM
Jay Honeck

You know, I never posted on my visit to Iowa City last summer; I guess
better late than never. My 12 year old son and I stayed at Alexis Park Inn
in the Wright Bros. suite on our way east. The suite was great with truly
fantastic beds. Trevor was thrilled to have his own room at a hotel; never
happened to him before. Jay lent me the van so Trevor and I could head to
the local rec center and play basketball, and later shared a beer by the
pool. Located at a nice GA airport, free transportation, local rec center,
good beds, and a beer. What else could one ask for? Very nice visit -

Alexis
Park Inn gets my five star rating.

Thanks for the thumb's up! We hope to see you guys back again soon.

I like Montblack's idea of having a pool party in commemoration of the 100th
Anniversary of Flight! Heck, we'll move it over to the hangar, and fire up
the torpedo heater. With enough, um, lubrication we won't notice the cold!
:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA