Microair Mic Problem

Old July 18th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Default Microair Mic Problem

Working with a friend on his radio problem and his mic seems to be
overdriving. He's sure it's an electret mic, and it's an older Microair
radio. I seem to recall having to use an r-c network across the mic of
another radio last year in Houston on a club glider, but I didn't make
notes and don't remember the values of the resistor or capacitor. The
other possibility is to turn down the mic gain at the pot on the side
of the radio... Suggestions... Experience....

Thanks in advance.

Jack Womack

Old July 18th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

http://www.mrsoaring.com/squealing_mikes.htm

HTH

Old July 18th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BTIZ

"Mal" wrote in message
http://www.mrsoaring.com/squealing_mikes.htm

HTH

Is MicroAir still in business? IT so, they have the worst customer support
program ever. They have failed to answer repeated attempted contacts for
support on their 760 radio. We are replacing it with a Becker.

I find it surprising that mrsoaring is supporting such a company. But then
again, it looks like they are on the same continent.

BT

Old July 18th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We have a Microair in our glider. It has never worked properly in
spite of a round-trip to Oz. We have given up on it, and now use hand
helds.

Cheers anyway, Charles

Old July 18th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

Erie Aviation (USA) is now our up and running Warranty Centre in the
USA.

All Warranty work can be sent to Erie Aviation via the following:-

"The preferred inbound shipment method is either UPS or FedEx to this
address:

Erie Aviation, Inc.
1607 Asbury Road
Erie, PA 16505

email:

If that is not possible and you need to use the US Postal Service, you
must use the following address:

Erie Aviation, Inc.
P.O.Box 8283
Erie, PA 16505

Please note that shipments through the US Postal Service will likely
add one day to our turn-time.

Shipments will be returned using FedEx, so please provide a physical
return address that is NOT a Post Office Box."

. MODE S
Mode S is still in the pipelines for Microair Avionics with Research
and Development we are expecting to have our Mode S transponder available in
2007. Euro Control also has a website with FAQ's that may be of assistance.
They can be found at
http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate...age/index.html

. Public Statement - T2000SFL Transponders
Microair T2000SFL Transponders

Over the past 6 months Microair has received reports of intermittent
operation of T2000SFL Transponder, and in particular poor Mode C response.

Microair has analysed these reports and the operational issues seem to
be associated with areas in which radar sites capable of Mode S are
operating.

Microair has decided to publish a Service Bulletin which will
require operators of T2000SFL's to have their transponders upgraded if they
are operating in Mode S environment.

This Service Bulletin must receive the approval of CASA before it can
be released.

The Service Bulletin will require the replacement of an existing
circuit board and the installation of an additional digital filter. It
should be possible for your local Service Provider to embody this Service
Bulletin.

Please check regularly with this website for more details regarding
this pending Service Bulletin.

Microair
March 2006

. Sun n Fun Travel Log - From Jim Stone (USA)

Old July 18th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

There were four MicroAir radios in our club. Two that
were in club ships have been replaced with Becker radios.
They just gave problems, even after going back to
Oz for repair.

One in a private ship will be replaced soon, but I'm
not sure what with.

I have one in my ship. It's been back to Down Under
once. It still works, but from time to time, the transmit
will become garbled. We found out when that happens
to turn the radio off and back on again and it seems
to clear up.

By the way, does anyone know where I can buy a microphone
foam muff? The local music store wants about $4.50
for these $0.37 items!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 13:18 18 July 2006, Tony Verhulst wrote:
wrote:
We have a Microair in our glider. It has never worked
properly in
spite of a round-trip to Oz.

I can relate. We have one in an L23 that's just taking
panel space. It's
been back to Oz too.

Tony V.

Old July 18th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
palombian

I have a MicroAir 760 for 5 years in my glider and another club member
before me
Never problems

JW

oups.com...

Old July 18th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Henryk Birecki

I keep hearing of problems with Microair radios, but mine worked
flawlessly for the past six years, or maybe rather 5 as the first year
I was fussing with home built mike system. No problems since I got the
Microair boom mike.

The only "problem" I ever experienced is related to battery. As the
battery goes down you reach a point that you receive just fine, but
there is no transmission. I cannot compare sensitivity to battery
charge of Microair radio to others, but I bet it is not significantly
different.

In case o significant problems, first thing I'd check is antenna
connection and antenna tuning.

Henryk Birecki

"palombian" j@w wrote:

I have a MicroAir 760 for 5 years in my glider and another club member
before me
Never problems

JW

roups.com...

Old July 18th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bela Szalai

Check the type of fuse(s) used between the battery terminals and the radio.

On my first glider it took me months to realize that I had a slow blowing
fuse that dropped the voltage about 0.5 volts and made transmission
scratchy.

- Béla

-
-"palombian" wrote:
-
-I have a MicroAir 760 for 5 years in my glider and another
-club member
-before me Never problems
-
-JW
-
- wrote in message
roups.com...
- We have a Microair in our glider. It has never worked properly in
- spite of a round-trip to Oz. We have given up on it, and now use
- hand helds.
-
- Cheers anyway, Charles
-
-
-
-
-

Ongoing Arrow alternator/charging problem Chuck Owning 6 December 22nd 04 02:18 AM
Mooney Engine Problem in Flight - Advise Paul Smedshammer Owning 17 December 21st 04 07:39 AM
Heater problem fixed! Jim Burns Owning 14 December 17th 04 11:38 PM
Microair vs Becker Ian McPhee Soaring 0 August 30th 03 09:45 PM
Problem: Ground Speed Estimate with Volkslogger and WinPilot RamyYanetz Soaring 3 August 26th 03 03:06 PM