LX5000 Download Verification

Old July 17th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Go

Default LX5000 Download Verification

I am curious what people are using for downloading .igc files from the
LX5000 which will validate in WinScore.

I have used my old laptop's serial port, SeeYou software, downloading
directly onto a diskette, and it does not validate. This hasn't been a
problem in past contests (even one Nationals) but according to the
rules could present a problem if the rules are followed strictly.

Of course now I have the challenge of using my new Dell laptop with a
'port replicator' to do the same as my old one is failing component by
component.

How are others out there doing this?

Thanks,

John
GO/1PD

Old July 17th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John,

What do you mean by "validate" in WinScore? (Haven't used WinScore
enough to know what that means.)

At contests, I've used LX5000 and LX7000 log files downloaded using
both ConnectMe and ConnextLX (on a PDA) with no problems.

~ted/2NO

Old July 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

http://www.lxnavigation.de/avionics/software.php

Software here τΏτ

www.mals.net

Old July 20th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Doug. I did not realize the LX5000 came in two flavors -- and I
used to own one!

I have a major issue with my LX7007-IGC -- its GPS engine stops
updating locations while circling, causing the route to look peculiar
in SeeYou, and with incorrect thermaling statistics. (Mounting the
antenna up on top of the glare shield did nothing.) The response from
the factory was that that's just the way the GPS receiver works. Very
frustrating.

~ted/2NO

Old July 23rd 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

I have 3 different GPS's (with different antennas and chip sets) on
board my glider (VolksLogger, CF-Card/PDA and an OEM GPS connected to
the SN10) and none of them do this. They may occasionally skip an
update or two, but not enough to mess up the thermal statistics. If
this was normal, there wouldn't be a thermal statistic function in the
software anyway. Assuming the LX7007 doesn't use some antiquated GPS
engine, I would suspect a bad antenna or cable.

Old July 23rd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug,

I'm not the only one who's had this problem. It is the GPS engine, not
the antenna or cable.

I still recommend the LX line of products but nearly as
enthusiastically as I once did.

-ted/2NO

Old July 25th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars

Remember, the DLL from the IGC website has been validated by IGC,
Winscore has not.

Winscore performs flight log security checks by making calls to the
manufacturer supplied DLLs. The DLLs distributed with Winscore were
obtained from the IGC. In this case, LX5000 logs, the "igc-lxn.dll is used
for validation.

The CD/Scorer is, of course, free to use external programs to perform flight
log security verification. The use of the approved DLL's were included
into Winscore in an effort to speed up the scoring process while still using
the manufacturer supplied DLLs for verification.

I am disappointed that Mr. Downing didn't take the time to contact me
himself with detailed information on how to fix his problem.

Guy Byars

Old July 25th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

snip I am disappointed that Mr. Downing didn't take the time to
contact me himself with detailed information on how to fix his problem.
/snip

Guy,

He may not have known to.

-ted/2NO (the former Guy of ... oh, never mind.)

Old July 28th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Go

Guy,
Thanks for the information.

Originally I was looking for some hardware solutions to my LX5000/new
laptop/serial port adaptor problems. Shouldn't have gravitated into a
discussion of Winscore software in this forum. I didn't even think
about bothering you about my hardware problems.

I know from personal experience that you are always readily available
to be of assistance and appreciate what you have done and are doing for
sailplane racing.

Indeed the scorekeeper has been in touch with you regarding this and
the small difficulty is well in hand.

Thanks,

John

Guy Byars wrote:

Remember, the DLL from the IGC website has been validated by IGC,
Winscore has not.

Winscore performs flight log security checks by making calls to the
manufacturer supplied DLLs. The DLLs distributed with Winscore were
obtained from the IGC. In this case, LX5000 logs, the "igc-lxn.dll is used
for validation.

The CD/Scorer is, of course, free to use external programs to perform flight
log security verification. The use of the approved DLL's were included
into Winscore in an effort to speed up the scoring process while still using
the manufacturer supplied DLLs for verification.

I am disappointed that Mr. Downing didn't take the time to contact me
himself with detailed information on how to fix his problem.

Guy Byars

LX5000 DATABASE Gordon Schubert Soaring 2 May 15th 06 03:48 PM
LX5000 + iPAQ Ludovic Launer Soaring 7 October 27th 04 06:18 AM
LX5000 FAI : any reason to keep my VL ? Ludovic Launer Soaring 12 September 21st 04 08:40 AM
LX5000 help Ted Wagner Soaring 1 April 29th 04 03:27 AM