Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

Old March 8th 13, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin[_5_]

Default Wanted: Trailer for a 1-26

Does anybody know of a trailer for sale for a 1-26? Preferably near Virginia, but cheggars can't be boozers.

Thanks,
Martin Gomez #505
Old March 20th 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin[_5_]

Nobody knows of a 1-26 trailer for sale?

Martin #505
Old March 20th 13, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 19, 5:56*pm, Martin wrote:
Nobody knows of a 1-26 trailer for sale?

Martin #505

I know where to get a flux core welder and 1" square steel tubing...
Old March 20th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:19:33 AM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Mar 19, 5:56*pm, Martin wrote: Nobody knows of a 1-26 trailer for sale? Martin #505 I know where to get a flux core welder and 1" square steel tubing...

Martin -

If you're a member of the 1-26 Association (you should be!), put a note out on the email list and you might find a trailer available. Or maybe we could organize a group build of some of the Luebke clamshell enclosed 1-26 trailers. I wouldn't mind one for my Cherokee II.
Old March 24th 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin[_5_]

What I'm hearing is that if I want a 1-26 trailer, I have to build it myself. I've heard it enough that I almost believe it, but I'm having trouble following the math...

- Gliders get wrecked more than trailers.
- Every 1-26 must've had a trailer at some point.
- They're not building any more 1-26s.
- There should be an excess of trailers somewhere.

Sorry, I'm lazy and don't know how to weld.

Thanks,
Martin
Old March 25th 13, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:52:30 PM UTC-4, Martin wrote:
What I'm hearing is that if I want a 1-26 trailer, I have to build it myself. I've heard it enough that I almost believe it, but I'm having trouble following the math... - Gliders get wrecked more than trailers. - Every 1-26 must've had a trailer at some point. - They're not building any more 1-26s. - There should be an excess of trailers somewhere. Sorry, I'm lazy and don't know how to weld. Thanks, Martin

Some of your math is a bit off.
Not every 1-26 had a trailer.
Most of the 1-26 trailers are almost 40 years old. They are going to nature due to rust and old age faster than the gliders are going out of service.
Those of us that have them, keep them
You will have to build one or find someone who will.
Sorry for the reality but that is the story.
UH
Old March 25th 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gb

Yup all the bazillions of old 1-26 trailers are gone. Some oldtimers remember when every gliderport pile of shrubbery had a 1-26 trailer in it, those days are gone. Those trailers were either saved and returned to service or melted into the earth.

Old March 27th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:52:30 PM UTC-5, Martin wrote:
What I'm hearing is that if I want a 1-26 trailer, I have to build it myself. I've heard it enough that I almost believe it, but I'm having trouble following the math... - Gliders get wrecked more than trailers. - Every 1-26 must've had a trailer at some point. - They're not building any more 1-26s. - There should be an excess of trailers somewhere. Sorry, I'm lazy and don't know how to weld. Thanks, Martin

I'm no welder either, but am looking for a long term trailer solution for my Cherokee II. I bet there is more than one 1-26'er out there who might want a nice enclosed trailer for their ship too. Check this out:

http://www.oxaero.com/Luebke-1-26-Trailer-Bjork.pdf

Are you a 1-26 Association member? if so lets move this conversation to their email list and talk about trying to arrange with a welder/shop to do a group build of trailers.
Old March 28th 13, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Some of your math is a bit off.

Not every 1-26 had a trailer.

Most of the 1-26 trailers are almost 40 years old. They are going to nature due to rust and old age faster than the gliders are going out of service..

Those of us that have them, keep them

You will have to build one or find someone who will.

Sorry for the reality but that is the story.

UH

Not only that, but many club operations have a "Gherlein Universal" or equivalent that is set up to handle the 2-33, 2-22, 1-34, and 1-26. I know my prior club had one trailer for 3 gliders. My current club probably has one (or more) for each glider, though only maybe half are truly roadworthy. And, there's a nice pile of iron oxide in the woods behind the hangar at an old site that indeed used to be a 1-26 trailer. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

Old March 30th 13, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tkgliderflight

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:23:28 PM UTC-6, Martin wrote:
Does anybody know of a trailer for sale for a 1-26? Preferably near Virginia, but cheggars can't be boozers.

Thanks,

Martin Gomez #505

I have a 1-26 trailer, in Wisconsin, it's not in great shape, can send pictures...

Trailer wanted JJ Sinclair Soaring 1 October 7th 08 02:51 AM
Wanted: Trailer for 1-35 [email protected] Soaring 2 May 15th 08 03:28 PM
Trailer wanted for Grob 103 Discus 44 Soaring 5 March 20th 07 09:00 PM
Trailer wanted Jack Soaring 2 July 14th 05 07:33 PM
Big Vintage Trailer Wanted Robin Birch Soaring 0 October 6th 03 06:32 PM