OLC question

Old January 26th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC question

The OLC will reject a Cambridge file that does not have the G-Record.
It has rejected my file that was recorded by SeeYou Mobile in my Ipaq.
Yet a friend has no problem with getting it to accept a file that he
records in his SN-10.

I believe the SN-10 file has no security. Does anyone know why the OLC
will accept this unsecure file, but will reject other non-secure files?

Old January 26th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Greg Arnold wrote:
The OLC will reject a Cambridge file that does not have the G-Record. It
has rejected my file that was recorded by SeeYou Mobile in my Ipaq. Yet
a friend has no problem with getting it to accept a file that he records
in his SN-10.

I believe the SN-10 file has no security. Does anyone know why the OLC
will accept this unsecure file, but will reject other non-secure files?

Flight data files from an SN-10 do have a digital signature for security
purposes, however, it is not an IGC approved flight recorder. A
Cambridge flight data file with no G record is completely insecure.

Marc

Old January 26th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Marc Ramsey wrote:
Greg Arnold wrote:
The OLC will reject a Cambridge file that does not have the G-Record. It
has rejected my file that was recorded by SeeYou Mobile in my Ipaq. Yet
a friend has no problem with getting it to accept a file that he records
in his SN-10.

I believe the SN-10 file has no security. Does anyone know why the OLC
will accept this unsecure file, but will reject other non-secure files?

Flight data files from an SN-10 do have a digital signature for security
purposes, however, it is not an IGC approved flight recorder. A
Cambridge flight data file with no G record is completely insecure.

Marc

Greg...I'm sure what Marc meant to say is that a flight file recorded
by SeeYou Mobile is completely insecure.

If your datalogger is a 302 or 302A, you need to download the flight
file directly from the instrument using the 300 Series Utility Software
and re-submit it to the OLC. If the datalogger is a Model 10/20/25 then
you need to download the file directly from the instrument and then go
to the following link and follow the instructions prior to submission.

http://www2.onlinecontest.org/validate.php

Old January 26th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The last time I looked at the OLC site they said they would accept
non-secure files from a handful of sources including SeeYou Mobile.
It's been a few weeks, but I'm surprised to hear you're having a
problem.

I don't have a secure data logger and I was (am) counting on using
SeeYou Mobile to log flights for the OLC.

Old January 26th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug LS4 wrote:
The last time I looked at the OLC site they said they would accept
non-secure files from a handful of sources including SeeYou Mobile.
It's been a few weeks, but I'm surprised to hear you're having a
problem.

Do they say they will accept a file recorded by SeeYou, or a file
downloaded by SeeYou from a secure logger? The OLC website is very
confusing.

As far as I know, a SeeYou file has no security, so if they allow a
SeeYou file there would appear to be no reason to test any files for
security.

Old January 26th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug.....Go here http://www.seeyou-mobile.si/forum/ and then into
"Other" and then scroll down and look for "IGC Logging"--all should
become clear if one chooses to submit a SeeYou Mobile flight file to
the OLC.

Old January 27th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Marc - To further clarify, we have worked with the OLC folks
so that they check the SN10's digital signature. You will see flights
that have a verified but not IGC-approved signature (such as ILEC SN10)
marked with a "Blue Smiley", whereas flights verified with an
IGC-approved
approved unit's signature get a "Green Smiley".

Hope that's clear !
Best Regards, Dave

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
Handheld battery question RobsSanta General Aviation 8 September 19th 04 03:07 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM