Lost a friend today

Old August 16th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Lost a friend today

Back in May, I finally got a chance to ride along in a friend's float
plane, and he even let me do a couple of take-offs and landings. I was
hoping that since his plane partner had lost his medical, I could convince
him to take me on as a plane partner.

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"The ideals we uphold during a crisis define who we are." - Bruce Scheier
Old August 16th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Paul Tomblin" wrote)
Back in May, I finally got a chance to ride along in a friend's float
plane, and he even let me do a couple of take-offs and landings.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Paul-Mont

Old August 16th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 1:49 pm, (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
Back in May, I finally got a chance to ride along in a friend's float
plane, and he even let me do a couple of take-offs and landings. I was
hoping that since his plane partner had lost his medical, I could convince
him to take me on as a plane partner.

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"The ideals we uphold during a crisis define who we are." - Bruce Scheierhttp://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0109.html

Paul,

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Its always sad when this
happens, and it always makes me more cautious as a pilot. I lost two
co-workers in a Lancair landing accident back in 2002, and I liked
both of them a lot.

Any idea what happened to cause this accident?

Dean W.
AeroLEDs LLC
www.aeroleds.com

Old August 16th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Paul Tomblin" wrote

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

That stinks, big time.

Any family left behind? Send our condolences, if so.

Hang in there. The risks we take, to do what we love...
--
Jim in NC

Old August 16th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Paul Tomblin" wrote:

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

That's a shame. Sorry, Paul.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old August 17th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Back in May, I finally got a chance to ride along in a friend's float
plane, and he even let me do a couple of take-offs and landings. I was
hoping that since his plane partner had lost his medical, I could convince
him to take me on as a plane partner.

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

Very, very sad. Glad you weren't along when whatever happened happened.

Old August 17th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Today, that plane crashed, and my friend and probably his plane partner
are both dead.

Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

As info becomes available, please share it here. All we can do to
honor their memory is to learn from their tragedy.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 17th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

Hi Paul

Been there a few times this year.
We can never quite accept the loss of a friend, particularly when it is
due to this passion of ours.
I was at the service for a good friend a couple of weeks ago, and I was
attempting to speak to his widow without getting too emotional - and I
failed. And this strong lady said to me, " Would it have been better if
he had died in a nursing home"?

So - consider this - he died doing what he loved.
you can't say that about too many people.

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL