Iowa Aviation Weather...en Espanol

Old February 12th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Iowa Aviation Weather...en Espanol

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...=121&map.y=125

(or http://tinyurl.com/39s8j5 if that URL wraps...)

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 12th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?

Yes.

One nice thing I can say about France is that everything is in French. If you
immigrate to France, you must learn French. Nobody publishes anything in your
language for your convenience, and if you demand that others do things in your
own language, you'll be laughed at and/or ridiculed.

Step one in moving to France for me was to become proficient in French. I've
never asked anyone in France to do things in English for me. I fill out all
government forms in French. I speak only French at government offices. Never
a word in English.

This being so, I'm perfectly placed and qualified to say that every immigrant
can and must learn the national language. Any immigrant who doesn't is lazy
and unlikely to ever properly assimilate into his adopted society. Thus,
anyone who immigrates to the U.S. and doesn't learn to do everything in
English can do everyone a favor by returning to wherever he came from.

As for people who are born in the U.S. and don't speak English, their parents
are incompetent and are preventing them from ever fully functioning or
succeeding in U.S. society.

Old February 12th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?

Yo no lo encuentro así. ¿Que es su problema?

José
--
Humans are pack animals. Above all things, they have a deep need to
follow something, be it a leader, a creed, or a mob. Whosoever fully
Old February 12th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:40:36 -0800, Jay Honeck wrote
(in article .com):

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...=121&map.y=125

(or http://tinyurl.com/39s8j5 if that URL wraps...)

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?

No. No cuido se habla qué lengua.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 12th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Sometimes this 'melting pot' ain't doing much melting.

I say, let them eat English!

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...DVN&map.x=121&...

Old February 13th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...=121&map.y=125

(or http://tinyurl.com/39s8j5 if that URL wraps...)

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Yes,
This is the last straw. I am writing my congress person.
This has gone too far. Our language is English learn it or leave.

Michelle (****ed)
Old February 13th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:43:21 -0800, Michelle P wrote
(in article t):

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map....x=121&map.y=1
25

(or http://tinyurl.com/39s8j5 if that URL wraps...)

Does anyone else find it disturbing that the National Weather Service
in the United States is paying out taxpayer money to a government
employee to create a foreign-language web page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Yes,
This is the last straw. I am writing my congress person.
This has gone too far. Our language is English learn it or leave.

Michelle (****ed)

I know some Englishmen who would beg to differ with that statement. :-)

Old February 13th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Michelle P writes:

This is the last straw. I am writing my congress person.
This has gone too far. Our language is English learn it or leave.

It is interesting to note that, statistically, of all the Spanish-speaking
people who _cannot_ read and write English in the U.S., most are also
illiterate in Spanish as well. So putting a Web page in Spanish accomplishes
nothing at all--anyone literate in Spanish in the U.S. is also likely to be
literate in English, and any Spanish-speaking person who can't read English
probably can't read Spanish, either.

Old February 13th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:43:21 GMT, Michelle P
wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...=121&map.y=125

Yes,
This is the last straw. I am writing my congress person.
This has gone too far. Our language is English learn it or leave.

Michelle (****ed)

Well, Michelle, why don't you learn it? That posting is hardly a model
of good writing.

vince norris

aviation weather books Jose Piloting 3 June 2nd 05 10:43 PM
Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show in Iowa City this coming weekend Jay Honeck Home Built 0 May 16th 05 03:27 PM
Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show in Iowa City this coming weekend Jay Honeck Piloting 0 May 16th 05 03:27 PM
Best Aviation Weather Website? Robert Castro Piloting 8 January 14th 04 11:57 PM
Iowa Aviation Conference to be held in West Des Moines Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 3rd 03 12:12 AM